Chapter 14: Mysteries Linger In The Air

**** Hi guys! Sorry for not being so active. We had this big test, and blah.. blah.. blah.. Anyway, I realized that my story is lacking some ACTION! Fairy Tail's a Shounen for Pete's sake! It should at least contain fighting... But I would never forget to add some NaLu to that. ;) I hope you enjoy my story! Also, I have a Christmas gift for you my Nakama, so stay tuned for more info...

ENJOY Chapter 14!! =(^o^)=

--

Scene: A mysterous castle

POV: No one's

"When are we going to strike, Master?" a deep "gives-you-the-chills" voice emits from from the shadowy parts of the castle.

"Soon, my loyal subject. We will begin our plan as soon as possible. We just have to fill in the missing parts, and then it'll be complete..." another voice echoes not from afar.

The mysterious figure who said that started to stand up from his throne and gazed upon the night sky. His evil smile turned into a frown while noticing the stars gleaming brightly, as if it's mocking him from being too far down.

"Ugh. I hate things that lightens darkness, especially stars", he murmured.

He turned around to face another part of the castle. Or should I say, a brick wall. He touched one of the bricks that holds it together, then it began to spin around, revealing a giant pod. The pod looks like it contains something.

He sighed. Then his mood changed from discontent, to menacing. "First and foremost, we need to capture that person who will make our plan a success".

His subject nodded then immediately replied, "The Celestial Spirit Wizard who obtains the 10 Golden Keys of the Zodiac, Lucy Heartfilia".

"Very good! Now, what are you waiting for?! Go!!"

His subject bowed, then headed straight towards the door.

"Just one more, and we could begin phase two of our plan. But first, I need to invite a certain someone to this grand gathering...

He touched the pod, revealing it to contain a girl.

... and you, Lisanna Strauss, would be an excellent bait to lure him into my trap!". He started laughing like a maniac, which echoed towards the whole dark castle...

"Come to me! NATSU DRAGNEEL!"

Scene: Lucy's Apartment

POV: Lucy's

I woke up with the sun blinding my eyes. I sat on my bed, thinking that everything is still the way it was after what occured between me and Natsu. "What's going to happen to us now?". Ahhh! So many questions were popping in my head! I just need to soak it all off with a nice, warm bath.

While I was humming on the bathtub, I heard my door click.. "Don't tell me...", I quickly put on a towel and went out to check,

"Yo! Lucy!". Natsu was sitting on my couch, eating all my food and Happy, who was invading my cabinet.

Happy found my polka-dotted underwear and showed it to Natsu. "Looooook Natsu! I could use this as a mask for Halloween", then he put it on his head. "Hahaha! It suits you well, Happy!", he replied.

I immediately went to them and kicked them both so hard in the face, which made Happy and Natsu bump against the wall.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?! Invading a girl's privacy?", I exclaimed. Natsu looked at me, then said, "I woke up under the Sola Tree. Could you tell me what happened back there?"

My cheeks became hot as he said this. "Uh-uuh-Y-You se-e..". While I was trying to explain to Natsu, Happy suddenly popped between me and Natsu and said, "Lucy! You're blushiiiiiing! Could it be? You liiiiiiiiiike Natsu?".

I stood up, shocked. Then I said, "W-what? N-no!! I-I was just...". Happy interrupted me, saying "Then why are you so defensive, Lucy?". I grew tired of the cat's constant teases and decided to cover his mouth using a hanky and tie up his hands and legs.

"I'm sorry, Lucy-san". I heard Happy pleaded. I ignored him. (I'm really mean... -.-)

Natsu was laughing like there was no tomorrow. I'm glad he's back to his normal self again. Then he stood up, then said, "How about we go do a job today? Us three, Gray, Erza, Wendy and Carla. You do need money for your rent, right Lucy?".

I smiled at Natsu. "That's a great idea!! I'm in!" Happy, who was able to free himself from my tangles (How?), also replied, "Aye!".

"That's great! Then it's settled! LEEEEEEET'S GO!". Natsu grabbed my hand and started to run. "Gyeiiiehh! W-wait! You're too fast!". Happy, who was behind us started to snicker while eyeing on mine and Natsu's hands. "They like each other", he whispered.

When we arrived at the guild, Natsu immediately threw a rock at Gray (ouch!) and said, "Hey! Popsicle man! Let's go on a mission!". Gray gained a bump on his head and started heading towards Natsu. "Bastard! Don't you try to mess with me this early!". And when things began to heat-up with the two, Erza immediately bumped their heads together, causing Natsu and Gray to faint. (The impact was too powerful! XD)

Juvia, who was watching from behind a pillar whispered, "Oh Gray-sama! Juvia still thinks you're cool even though you get constantly beat up by Erza..."

I went up to the request board to see if there were any jobs that would be good enough for all of us and at the same time, pay enough jewels to cover our expenses.

After two or three minutes, I already found it! I grabbed the flyer, called my teamates, and showed it to them. They started agreeing, and then we all went out towards a nearby town named Floral.

--

After Team Natsu went out from the guild, Mirajane, the bartender and waitress, checked out to see which job they took.

"Oh my!" she exclaimed. Mirajane immediately went to Master Makarov to fill him in the details. The master shook his head, and then sighed.

"Hmmm. Natsu's Team eh? Let's see. They're composed of Wendy, Happy, Charle (I changed Carla's name, because this is her true one), Gray, Erza, Lucy and Natsu.. I'm sure they'll be fine! I mean (except for Happy with Charle), no one in their team couldn't possibly be IN LOVE with their co-teamate, right? If one of them is.. then they'd be in SERIOUS TROUBLE!" said Makarov.

Even though Mira thinks the master's right, she still couldn't remove the worry in her heart. She just wished Natsu and the others to be okay.

"Mirajane! Another bottle of beer, will ya?", someone shouted.

Mira snapped back into her senses and replied, "Coming!". She immediately went out to serve the guild members.

The request they took had a warning: (a piece of paper was attached which fell when Lucy grabbed the flyer)

"A difficult task, for the bravest of souls...

The reward will be worth it, but hear thy call...

To whoever accepts this, no one brings whom thy heart beats for...

Or else, it would be their own downfall..."

At that moment, Lucy was enjoying the time of her life. She was actually having fun! But little did she know...

...that all of it...

...would suddenly come to a halt...

-End of Chapter 14-