Chapter 17: The Melody of the Heart

**** How's it going guys? Sorry for not updating. I just got back from school and I had to attend to my school needs, also, I was caught up on the anime "Katekyo Hitman Reborn". Do you guys watch it too? (An otaku's job is never done...)

Anyway, I have some great news! With a help from a new wattpad friend, we started doing our plan for my second book!! It's basically like this, we make a survey on whose anime guy/girl would you like to have an "imagination" with. (ex. Your POV with Gray Fullbuster) and stuff like that. So stay tuned! ;)

Shoutout to 2 of my loyal readers: fairytailfanatic & YoAltheaCrumps! *Aye!*

Enjoy Chapter 17!****

--

Scene: ???

POV: Natsu's

"Huh?"

"Where am I?

"I feel... cold. Weird."

I was just standing in an empty, dark room. No light. No... anything. I don't like it one bit.

"HELLO!! Is anyone in here?!", I shouted impatiently. Just then, I heard screams coming from the southern part of this dark room. I turned to see it was... a person! (At least I think it is) I kept running and running towards it. I even tripped halfway (Ouch!) but it didn't matter. I quickly got up to my feet again. But when I reached that place, I found out that that person was...

"LUCY!", I shouted! I wa heading towards her way when something stopped me. I can't get near her! It's like an invisible barrier has come between her and I. I tried breaking it using my powers, but no such luck. I was about to give up, when I heard her say my name...

"Natsu! I know you're there! Please... Please don't give up! Break free, and we could be happy again... with all our friends. Please... I'm begging you", was all I heard from her. Determined, I stood up and was about to unleash my fury, when I heard a familiar melody in the distance... It sounded so... nostalgic.

"I recognized that melody from somewhere!!", I screamed. So I went around to search where it was coming from. While I was running, I felt something cold and wet running down my face. Tears?

I didn't mind that one bit. I don't care if I was crying, or if I look stupid (running towards nothing, that is) but I knew I had to get closer...

"IGNEEL!!", I cried. That melody was the lullaby of Igneel to me, my father (a dragon that I kept searching and searching for my whole life). After I reached the place where the lullaby was coming from, I found out that a... music box (?) was the source. I quickly grabbed it, and opened to see what was inside, but it was stuck! No matter what I do, I can't get it to freakin' open!

"Gwaaaahhh!! This is hopeless! I'll never be able to this!!!", I angrily said as I threw the box on the other side of the dark room.

"Natsu...", a faint voice emits from the box.

I turned around to see the box glowing bright red.

"Natsu... How can you give up quite easily? Your friends are in danger...", the voice crackled. "Even just opening a mere box, you can't accomplish?"

"But h-how will I open it? I couldn't use physical force on it for the box to pry...", I hopelessly said. The voice from the box replied, "What you need to do... is channel all the strength you have in your heart within, and use it to open this. Think of your friends, your guild... You love them, right? Use that as a source of your strength, and you will eventually succeed".

I did what the box has told me. I closed my eyes, and used the power of my feelings... to open the box. And when I finally tried it, the box... clicked open easily. "I-I did it!", I cried out happily. I was suddenly engulfed in white smoke... which made me go inside the box.

Lucy's POV

"Lyra!", I cried out. Lyra was thrown back by one of Natsu's powerful fire punch. "I-I'm sorry, Miss Lucy, I did everything I could to fight back...", she said while disappearing. I just shook my head. "No. It's okay."

But before Lyra vanished, she stated, "The melody I played earlier, was to help Natsu escape from the dark realms within. But we could only count on Natsu, if he succeeded in finding his way out..."

Natsu was heading towards my direction. I was powerless, having used up all my magic in summoning my spirits. I couldn't move my body neither, so there was no way for me to escape. Is this really the end for me?

Natsu was about to fire an attack on me. I closed my eyes, waiting for death's door. But something came up. Natsu's eyes... weren't cold and blank anymore. He halted his attack, blinked twice, and realized what situation is he in...

"Lucy?", Natsu asked. "W-what am I doing?".

My eyes were filled with tears. "Natsu! You've come back!", I said as I hugged him. He was surprised by the action I made, but he didn't pull back. "It was really dark there...", Natsu exclaimed. "And I swear to myself not to go back there ever again...", he said as he looked at my crying face. He wiped my tears with his finger, and said, "Oi, Luce. Don't cry. I promise I won't leave you ever again".

I'm glad he said that. It made all my worries and fears go away.

"A-ahem... Are we interrupting something?", someone said. I turned around to find a concious Erza, Gray, Happy, Wendy and Charle staring at us, with smiles on their faces. I didn't realize that Natsu and I were still hugging. I quickly pulled away, causing my face to blush. Natsu just chuckled.

"They liiiiiiiike each other", was Happy's response.

"I'm so glad you guys are okay!", I said to them. Gray smiled, "Yeah. After Natsu has woken up from the spell, ours was broken too, so we regained conciousness"

Erza patted my shoulder, "I'm sorry Lucy. For letting you endure all of this. Having to fight Natsu... one of our nakama". I could tell by her tone that she was really upset about this, so I replied, "Don't worry about me!! I handled the situation quite well. Besides, I'm also a part of Fairy Tail's strongest team right? And even if I have to risk my own life, I would. Just to protect my loved ones."

Erza beamed, Gray nodded. Wendy and Charle smiled, and Happy threw up his paw in the air and replied, "Aye!". Natsu yelled, "Oi! Enough with this drama! (I could tell that he was trying hard not to cry) Let's all go back home, to Fairy Tail..."

We all smiled, and set off.

No one's POV

Somewhere... over the place, a music box emits a pure white light.

"Well done, my son", said the voice from the box.

-End of Chapter 17-