Chapter 12: Recovery

No ones POV

It had now been three days since the incident and Y/N was still asleep. The nurse had to convince Diana to leave him and get on with her school work, but everyone at the school noticed the change in the Cavendish's attitude.

Akko: "Diana has been looking really off these past few days. I wonder what's wrong with her."

Amanda: "It's definitely something to do with Y/N. Do you think they are dating?"

Everyone turned to Amanda.

Lotte: "That would explain her mood shift. But what about Hannah and Barbara? They haven't come over to make fun of us for a while."

Amanda: "We should be glad that they aren't but that's not a bad point."

The group sat there wondering what had caused such a shift in moods of their fellow students.

Meanwhile, Professor Ursula was checking in on the injured boy and filling him in on what had been going on.

Ursula: "Diana is losing her focus. She's worried sick about you."

She looked at the sleeping Y/N and sighs.

Ursula: "Why am I expecting an answer?"

She rests her hand on his and gave it a gentle squeeze.

Ursula: "Akko really misses you in the evening lessons. She likes you a lot. You have become a source of inspiration for her."

The door to the infirmary opens and the headmistress walks in.

Holbrooke: "How's he doing?"

Ursula: "He's still sleeping. But everyone the nurse expects him to wake up any time soon."

Holbrooke: "She's been saying that for the past three days."

Ursula slowly nods her head and lets go of Y/N's hand. She stands up and walks over to the headmistress.

Ursula: "How is Miss Cavendish getting on?"

Holbrooke: "She still isn't focusing in her classes. It seems this incident has had a huge impact on her."

Ursula: "Maybe I can talk to her."

Holbrooke: "Please do. I think she needs someone to talk to."

The pair walk out of the infirmary leaving the sleeping Y/N alone.

~~The Next Morning~~

Y/N POV

My eyes slowly fluttered open. Once they were fully open they darted around the room. I wasn't sure where I was. In fact, I can't remember anything from these past couple days.

Y/N: "W-where am I?"

I try sitting up but pain shoots up my spine and down my left leg.

Y/N: "Ah! Owowowowow! Ok! Ok. Let's not do that."

I tried lifting my left arm but saw that it was in a cast.

Y/N: "Wow. I took quite a lot of damage. Whatever I did."

With my right arm I rubbed my head trying to think about how I got here but it was all so fuzzy. I then realised the bandages around my head.

Y/N: "Must have hit my head pretty badly! That might be why I can't remember anything."

The door opened as I looked over and saw the nurse walk in and close it. She looks at me and immediately runs over.

Nurse: "Oh thank goodness you're awake! How long have you been up for?"