Chapter 56: Second Thoughts?

[Y/N POV]

Ever since Professor Croix showed up, the school and its workers were able to come to an agreement and everything resumed again.

Croix: How you feeling now kid? Better?

Y/N: Y-yeah I am. Th-thanks.

She had stuck by me quite a bit when I was not in lesson and did at points, introduce me to a few of the gadgets that she had made. They were all so cool!

The Professor really had found a way to bring science and technology into magic to make it fit more in the modern day.

Not that I had a problem with magic anyway, it did need to change to keep up.

Croix: Now that you are feeling better again, you should really drop by my classroom outside of lessons. I did say I would be able to help you with understanding a bit more about yourself!

Y/N: S-sure! I want that more than anything!

Out of everyone I had met here at the school apart from the headmistress, Croix had been the only one to really guarantee that she would do something.

Y/N: I-I'll make sure I-I do, b-but I have a lot to catch up on!

Croix: Of course! Get yourself all caught up and you can visit me whenever you want!

I smile widely and nod my head.

Croix: Alright then, off you pop! I'll see ya around!

She waved me off as I walked out of the classroom. A few halls down I ran into Ursula who had looked on edge since Croix turned up.

Ursula: Oh Y/N! There you are!

She hastily made her way over to me and pulled me into a hug. She was squeezing rather tightly, like she didn't want to let go.

Y/N: W-woah! H-hi Ursula! What's up?

Ursula: N-nothing! I'm just really happy to see you is all! I've hardly managed to spend any time with you lately!

Y/N: W-we h-have b-been really busy! A-And th-then I-I got unwell. Again...

Ursula: I guess...

She stayed silent for a moment before looking at me dead in the eyes.

Y/N: U-Ursula?

Ursula: Has Croix said anything to you? Or has she done anything to you?

Y/N: Sh-she hasn't done anything to me s-so don't worry! B-But she did say she would help me with understanding wh-who I am.

Ursula: Well please just...be careful. I don't exactly trust her.

Y/N: I-is there s-something y-you need to tell me Ursula?

Ursula: N-no Y/N. J-just know th-that m-me and her have had...issues in the past.

Y/N: What kind of issues?

Ursula: I'll tell you. In time...

I guess that was the best answer I was going to get for quite a while, so I just took it.

Ursula: Also, have you seen her and Akko interact lately?

Y/N: A-Akko i-is very interested in her and her machines. O-other than that, I haven't seen anything else.

Ursula: Please keep an eye on her.

I nod my head. She was one of my girls, so of course I would do everything in my power to keep them all safe.

~

I could tell from looking at Diana that she did not like this whole modern magic thing at all.

Everyone in the class had a tablet that was al a part of this whole class and all seemed to be having a really fun time with it.