Chapter 45: An Invitation

[Y/N POV]

Everything was rather quiet today. I was now feeling a lot better but hadn't been in lessons for a little bit while I recovered. However, there was still no break in studying.

I had to catch up on what I missed and I was currently alone. But soon I had company as an excited Hannah and Barbara came into the room.

They were holding a letter each.

Hannah: I wonder if it's what I think it is!

Barbara: It definitely is! What else could it be?

I was going to ask them what it was, but there was no need for me to know everything. They might not want me to know.

Hannah: Hey Y/N~!

She runs up to me and throws her arms around my neck, kissing my cheek.

Y/N: H-Hey you two!

Barbara: It is Hannah!!

Barbara ran over and wrapped her arms around me and started kissing me all over my face.

Y/N: W-woah! What's gotten into you guys?

Barbara: We've been invited to the Hanbridge mansion for a party! It's a celebration of Andrew's achievements!

Y/N: Th-that sounds nice!

Barbara: Awww it doesn't say anything about plus ones! Sorry Y/N, I was going to ask if you wanted to come.

Y/N: I-I wouldn't have gone anyway. Parties aren't for me.

Hannah: Are you sure? We could ask to see if we can! You are our boyfriend after all! Surely they can allow that!

Y/N: I-If I-I wasn't invited then I will not go. It would be rude to arrive unannounced.

Barbara: Ok. But I still really think you should be there!

I shake my head.

Y/N: Y-you two are from posh families right?

Hannah: Posh-ish. But posh enough for us to be recognised by the Hanbridges!

Y/N: Th-there we go then. M-my family is nothing compared to your ones. I don't even think anyone knows who I am. I wonder if your parents would approve of me.

I put my pen down and look at them both. That thought had never crossed my mind before.

Hannah: I don't care if you're from a common family Y/N! I love you for you and that's all that will matter!

She grabs my tie and pulls me into a kiss. I hold onto her and pull her onto my lap and she stops suddenly.

Hannah: Wow! I didn't think you'd get so forceful~!

She smirks at me and I feel Barbara tap me on the shoulder.

Barbara: Mind doing that with me next time we kiss~?

I blush and look down at the ground. I didn't really mean to do that. Hannah puts her hand under my chin and lifts my head to look at her.

When I do look up both Hannah and Barbara were smiling at me.

Barbara: You have made us so happy since you've been here! No matter what our parents think of you, we will always love you! But I don't see why they won't like you too!

Y/N: I-I hope so....

Hannah drags me out of my seat and leads me over to the bed and lies down on it.

Hannah: Come here. Let me tell you something.

I lie down next to her and feel Barbara lie down next to me as well. They both hug me and Hannah starts to speak.