Chapter 10

"Hey, guys", Goku said as he and Raditz walked into English class.

"Hey, Kakarot. Hey, Raditz", Vegeta said.

Turles and Raditz exchanged sneaky glances and evil grins.

'Kakarot still doesn't know about our little prank yet, does he?' Turles asked Raditz, using the mental link that Saiyans shared.

'Nope, he's completely clueless, wait 'til he tries to talk to Chi-Chi, she'll freak!' the long-haired Saiyan answered.

'That I gotta see', Turles replied.

'Here it comes now', Raditz grinned, pointing to Goku, who was walking over to Chi-Chi's desk.

"Hey, Chi-Chi", the sixteen-year-old Saiyan said cheerfully.

Raditz and Turles tried to stifle their laughter as Chi-Chi glared at Goku and turned away sharply.

"Uh, Bulma, 18, what's up with Chi-Chi?" Goku asked.

Bulma and 18 glared at him almost as hard as Chi-Chi had.

"What's with all you girls giving me the stink eye today?" Goku asked.

"You deserve it after the way you treated Chi-Chi last night", Bulma answered. "And on your first date too!"

"I guess you weren't planning on going out with her again, were you?" 18 snapped.

"Okay, I guess I probably should have called, with her dad being so sick and all", Goku said.

"Her dad wasn't sick!" Bulma snapped.

"So she blew me off?" Goku looked hurt.

"No! Like you don't remember that the two of you went to that new French restaurant Le Cherie down the street and you acted like a complete jerk", 18 said.

"I didn't go there, heck I didn't know we had a French restaurant here", Goku protested.

"Yeah right", Bulma sneered.

"Guys, I didn't even go out with Chi-Chi last night", Goku said.

"Then who did?" 18 challenged.

Goku shrugged and walkd back to his desk, confused.

"Goku. Goku!" a voice whispered.

"Huh?" Goku looked around, confused.

"Over here, in the supply closet", the voice whispered.

Goku headed to the supply closet and opened the door.

"Tien?"

"Shh, you're gonna blow my cover", Tien said.

"Why are you hiding in the supply closet, Tien?" Goku asked.

"Launch is in this class, and I cannot let her see me", Tien answered.

"You know you're gonna be marked absent", Goku said.

"I got a perfect attendance record, I can spare a day", Tien shrugged. "I'll just hide here until Launch leaves".

"What if she follows you home?" Goku asked.

"Don't jinx me", Tien said.

...On the other side of the classroom...

"You guys wanna have a sleepover at my house Friday?" Bulma asked.

"Sure", 18 answered.

"It sounds like it'd be fun", Chi-Chi agreed. "Besides, I need something to help me keep my mind off of that jerk, Goku".