Chapter 11

"I'll see you two later", King Vegeta said to Vegeta and Tarble.

"Where you going, Dad?" Vegeta asked.

"Me and Bardock are going hunting", King Vegeta answered. "It's been a while since we did that".

"So, you're leaving us here?" Tarble asked. "Alone?"

"I think you're old enough to stay by yourselves, at least overnight", their father said.

"Overnight? I have to stay...with him? Overnight? No!" Tarble wailed as he dove to the floor and grabbed his father's leg.

"Tarble, are you ever going to grow up?" King Vegeta groaned, dragging Tarble across the floor in an attempt to get the fifteen-year-old Saiyan prince off of him.

"Eventually, but not today", Tarble answered, tightening his grip.

"Dad, we're talking about Tarble here", Vegeta said. "He is never going to grow up".

"That's a good point", King Vegeta agreed.

"Dad!" Tarble yelled.

"Well, we'd better get going", Bardock said, walking out the door.

"NO! PLEASE, DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE WITH HIM! HE'S EVIL!" Tarble screamed.

"Tarble, you're fifteen years old, stop acting like such a child!" King Vegeta snapped.

When King Vegeta walked to the door, Tarble was still clinging. With a sigh of frustration, the Saiyan king resorted to pulling his leg through the door as he walked out, forcing his son to slide off as he pulled the door shut.

"Wait!" Tarble screeched, banging his fists on the door. "Don't leave! TAKE ME WITH YOU!"

The fifteen-year-old Saiyan prince turned to see his older brother grinning evily.

"Please, don't hurt me", he whimpered.

Vegeta's evil smirk grew broader.

"We'll see", he said. "Maybe I will...Maybe I won't..."

Tarble whimpered again.

"Let me check my list of things to do to you when Dad's not around", Vegeta said. "Let's see, we could play checkers, we could watch your stupid cartoons-",

"Yay!" Tarble cheered in spite of himself.

"You didn't let me finish", Vegeta said. "I could toss you down the stairs, I could tie you to a tree outside and leave you out there until Dad and Bardock get back, or I could tie your tail into knots".

At this, Tarble grabbed his tail and looked worried.

Vegeta sighed in frustration. "Or we could go fishing", he said.

"Let's go fishing", Tarble said. "That sounds safe".

"Okay, we'll go fishing", Vegeta said. Then he added with an evil grin, "And I can use you as bait".

"What?" Tarble squeaked.

"Do you remember the last time Dad left us alone?" Vegeta asked.

"How could I forget?" Tarble groaned.

(Flashback)

"Dad left", six-year-old Vegeta said to five-year-old Tarble.

"I know Daddy left", Tarble replied.

"Yeah, but he's not coming back", Vegeta said.

"He is too!" Tarble yelled.

"We'll see", Vegeta said.