43~ Best Birthday Gift.

I DARE YOU TO COMMENT ON EACH PARAGRAPH...

BORNO EMIRATE COUNCIL.

"This is my best birthday gift, thank you." Nafisa beamed at Suhayr who is now sitting on the chaise sipping on a cup of green tea, just what she needs in the morning to refresh her head. Running around without anything hot in your stomach should really be banned, she felt like she has ran a marathon and won in just roaming around the castle. What if she goes for a real jogging?

"Whoa, today is your birthday?" Suhayr asked, keeping the small China cup aside to stare at the girl who is getting more hyper with the thought of her birthday, Suhayr don't see why though. Birthdays are just like every other days, to her though and it sometimes gets more depressing than any other day in your life, she's been there. And no, she does not have any sad memory attached to her birthday, she don't like celebrating and that's all.

"Yes, I just clocked seventeen and I'm so excited. Not only is it my birthday but also the day I finally got discharged from the hospital after so many days of torture. I'm so happy." Her eyes are now shining which states that there is clearly something behind this day as she is talking about, Suhayr can't wait to find out. It's a great thing to have your birthday attached to something worth remembering for Suhayr can't recall anything like that happening in any of her birthdays, she needs to change that.

"You were in the hospital? Why though?" She inclined her head to the side not wanting to come off too curious about the matter but also talking in a way that will compel Nafisa to talk. Oh, Suhayr, you can easily work as a psychologist without any degree, just pursue it. She encouraged herself with a laugh.

"Yes. I had thyroid cancer for a whole month but we didn't find out till a week ago and Alhamdulillah, we got to tackle it in that same week. Even with difficulty swallowing, time to time soar throat and still the swelling of my neck, it is over." Nafisa explained, happiness shining clearly in her voice and Suhayr also felt that happiness for her. She does not deserve to be attached to tubes on her birthday at such young age, she should soar to the sky.

Upon hearing the word cancer, her heart literally dropped to her chest because she couldn't stomach the thought of this lovely buoyant girl getting bedridden and the disease couldn't be any other thing but cancer? She can't handle that and thank God she didn't find out about her when she was bedridden, she would've had so many sleepless nights. She hates seeing people sick, especially youngsters whom are energetic, they don't deserve it but then again, that is their fate. Who is she to draw a line about what should happen to this or that when He has done it all from the scratch?

It's not like her loved one has ever had that disease but the way she hears about it makes her hate the thing more than she hates death. People first thought her foster mother had it too because of how rapid her death came but Suhayr knew that wasn't it, it was a mere malaria that was so persistent. Even she had the malaria few days before her foster mother picked it but she didn't get to come out of hers and died with it. Suhayr hated malaria too since then, she hates mosquitoes too more than anything living on earth. Those stupid female mosquitoes could kill person, they are deadly albeit small.

"Subhan' Allah! How are you now?" Her face got twisted into one of concern, she felt worried about the girl all of a sudden. And that is not an act, she is slightly really worried.

"I am perfectly fine now. It wasn't that intense but we didn't find out what it was soon which was why it took long to start the therapy." Nafisa is more than glad to keep talking to someone after such a long time spending her time on the hospital bed wearing that hideous blue gown. And not forget, someone her maids won't stop gushing about.