12~ Mischievous Queen.

BORNO EMIRATE COUNCIL.

Her Royal Majesty Hajiya Fareeda Dan Maliki stared deeply at traditional maroon carpet spread around her living room watching as the maids try clearing the tea she spilled all over it. She just got the news from her grandson that he go married to a Chadian because she forced him to marry her. It was an interesting story for her to hear seeing as Chadians, most especially the women are quite egoistic and would never bow down to propose to a man, that is uncalled for so imagine her surprise after hearing the news.

"I got married." Her favorite grandson had said just few minutes ago which result to her spilling the tea from her old fashioned ancestral golden cup embroidered with ruby beads.

"Get Jakadiya here right now." She gestured with her finger at one of the maids waiting beside at her beck and call.

"Yes, your Royal Majesty." And she bow before sprinting out of the Chamber to get the said woman from her own Chamber.

In the Castle, there are chambers for the court ladies because they are most trusted and loyal servants to ever exist having seen they've been together with the royalties for so long. There quarters should be close to the royalty they serve so that it won't take them long to get where they are needed just like that moment. There are so many urgent times when she would want her court lady to live with her but she needs to look after her granddaughter for the day.

She needs to leave her for more important stuff. The first grandson in the palace and not to forget, her most preferred that. Even though he's caused himself trouble by getting married without anyone's consent, she is always there to help and this time is no different. She will stand though all the thorns he is supposed to pass through, she has his back like always. Everyone knows her grandson is never wrong, he is always right with the best reasons behind his actions.

Even his mother won't be there for him like she's been, she was too busy getting something that will belong to her no matter what. Her royal majesty Fareeda happened to be lonely in those days and when her first grandson graced the world, she couldn't keep her hands to herself. He is always there to spend the nights in her chamber, keeping her company while she feed him when his mother wouldn't

She is actually happy that he got to marry someone from Chad, that has always been his grandfather's wish to have his sons and grandsons married to a woman from his country. Things happened that shouldn't and the King was mad at her preferred grandson so he decided to do what his grandfather loves most which is building a school in Chad. They both know how much the Shehu of Borno adore his homeland, everything is about Chad. The home he had to leave for responsibilities that fell upon his family, he still wants to live there and see it grow.

He wouldn't have to go through the trouble of building the school because the news of his marriage with a Chadian will make every ounce of fury dissipate like it was never there. But she won't break the news so early, she will wait to see his reaction upon sighting another being from his homeland. There is going to be ton of drama in the palace the next day, she will have to keep so much energy for explanations and also traditions. A lot is going to happen, some will be heartbroken while the other are going to be hysterical.

"Your royal majesty..." She heard Jakadiya calling. She smiles at the seventy year old healthy woman that kneel in front of her.

She's told her not to do all those formalities but she never stopped neither would she since it has been thirty five years since they've been together. The woman is from the village of Gombe and she came looking for job with her daughter who was very young then, seeing the adorableness in the lass, she gave her the job as a mere maid. But with the years passing through bleeding to decade, she has all her trust in the woman, she knows everything about her including her own thoughts.