Part 4

*Unedited (as per usual hehe)
*picture of Amber on the side

4. Arya

Seth chose the silent treatment to punish me for the next few days. He doesn't let me talk to him, he avoids me whenever he sets eyes on me and he won't answer my texts or calls. After showing up at his room morning, midday and at night for three days straight, I gave up.

He doesn't want to see me, so I'm going to give him the space he needs.

I decided this after crying my eyes out every night, thinking that I came here for nothing, thinking that Seth hates me. He doesn't even know the truth! I break my heart whenever I think about him and it makes it hard for me to breath. I've really got it bad not matter how much I try to deny that.

"That is beautiful." A gentle voice says beside me as I dip my paintbrush into some more navy paint.

"Thank you..."

I don't turn to look at my professor. Classes started on Monday and I've already noticed that this professor in particular isn't one to give up easily when she notices something is wrong.

The middle-aged woman watches over my shoulder as I keep painting, my heart pounding in my chest. A few awkward seconds pass but she doesn't budge. Finally I turn to face her. The expression on her face has tears welling up in my eyes and I have to hold my breath to not start crying in front of her.

"Is everything alright, dear?" Her Spanish accents comes through clearly and her dark eyes sparkle when she lays a hand on my shoulder. "Do you want to talk about it?"

I shake my head, biting down on my bottom lip, tears now threateningly close to spilling.

"Oh, honey!"

A few other students turn to look at me, some concerned, some just curious.

"I'm fine." I choke out and turn back to my painting.

"You have a gift. A rare talent. You don't have to say anything, I can see it in your painting." One last pat on my shoulder and she turns to leave.

Until now I haven't even realized what I'm painting but as I let my teary eyes analyze the painting in front of me, I see what she means completely. I started out with light blue tones, painting a calm ocean, peaceful even... then I kept dipping my brushes into blacks, grays and navy-tones, turning the calm water into rough seas. In the back there was a small boat, struggling to keep afloat.

Thinking back to before I knew Seth, art was all I ever wanted to do. I'm not really good at anything else but over the past few years I completely forgot about that. Applying to this college was a mere means to see Seth... maybe it could become more?

My phone buzzes in my jeans.

I look around a few times and pull it from the back pocket.

Seth.

"Yes?" I breathe into the phone.

"Arya?!" A panicked, slightly familiar, female voice shouts into the phone, making me jump.

"This is her. Who's this?"

"Oh, it's Amber! You need to come here! Something bad has happened!"

My heart stops beating and I panic.

"Where is here?! What's going on?!" I shout, once again getting the attention of the classroom.

"The soccer field! Please! Quick!"

The phone clicks and the line is cut off.

My brush drops to the ground, splattering paint on the ground and my shoes. I ignore my professor and run from the room, my phone clutched tightly in my hand.