Part 19

19. Arya

My phone rings relentlessly on my night stand. It has been doing so for the past hour. When I stir to move, Seth pulls me closer to his chest. We'rein my dorm, snuggled up to each other. My head is pressed to his chest and I'm trying to focus more on his heartbeat than my ringing phone. Seth has his arms tightly wrapped around me and it almost feels as though he's trying to hold onto me forever and never let go.

If only things were that easy.

Seth's breathing becomes rigid all of a sudden, making me look up at him. His eyes are squeezed shut, his lips in a straight line, jaw clenched. I feel my heart going crazy inside my chest as suppressed tears fill my eyes and spill over immediately.

"Baby..." I whisper, pulling myself up so I'm facing him.

"Don't." Seth begs, letting go of me to pinch the bridge of his nose.

I grasp onto his wrist,pulling the hand away from his face.

"Please look at me."

"I can't." A silent sob rips through him, making his chest shake violently. "I don't...want you to leave me."

"Seth..." Finally he opens his eyes. His usually bright green eyes are bloodshot and his pupils so dilated, there's barely any green left. "I'm not leaving you. We'll... We'll just have to find a way to make things... work."

Seth shakes his head at that and wraps his arms back around me. I welcome his embrace by snuggling even closer to him.

"I don't just want to make things work, Arya. I'm so sick of making things work. I just want to be with you, don't you understand that?" He takes a deep breath, raining in his emotions. "Just be! I-I can't even begin to explain to you, how important you are to me. At this point,I would give everything up just for you. Nothing really matters if I'm not sharing it with you. I-"

"I don't want you to give things up for me, Seth." I interrupt him.

"I know that but I still would..." A small smile creeps onto his otherwise solemn face.

"We have another three weeks to plan what's ahead. Let's not make irrational decisions now.We can plan ahead and work things through. No need to rush, right?" I mutter, my lips hover slightly over the base of his throat.

"You're right." He whispers back, his eyelids shutting ever so slowly.

Earlier that day.

Being called into the principal's office is definitely not something that I am used to,especially not if I've just practically been expelled by the vice principal. This is not something that I prepared for before coming here and I sure didn't expect this to happen now that I'm in college.Usually people go through their rough stages during high school, right? We're supposed to grow out of being rebellious once we enter college. Weirdly there is not an ounce of anxiety or fear inside me right now as I'm entering the principle's office.

I know what's going to happen. I know what I'll have to say and do and I know that I'm going to be kicked out no matter what happens.

"There she is." I am greeted by a stern looking man, who looks to be about fifty-five years old.

He doesn't stand up and he doesn't offer me his hand for a handshake. I see how it is.

"Here I am." I agree and take a seat across from him without being offered one.

"If I'm being honest, I did not expect you this morning." His bushy eyebrows pull together as he glowers at me.

What does that even mean?