Chapter 42: Reincarnated

(Play audio since I'm angsty)

"What the hell are you talking about?! Like hell I'm going to kill you." Mina took a step back. 

"I have a plan please trust me." Chaeyoung stood up and took a step towards her. Mina shook her head.

"I- I can't Chae." Mina continued to walk back until she's already leaning to the door.

"Hey Mina unnie." Chaeyoung called her just like how she used to call her when they were still a kid. Chae reached for her hand. She already have her cornered. Mina felt complicated from her request. Just thinking about hurting her hurts so much.

"Please don't do this to me." Mina holds her hand back but she can't. Her hand only feels warm but she can't touch her. It seems like Chaeyoung was the only one who can touch her at will.

"You know we have to do this. This is the chance to break the curse. No more next. No more pain for the future us. No more Sol has to go through such grief and punishment." Chaeyoung's tear falls but she's still smiling. 

"No Chaeyoung I can't." Mina answered weakly. Chaeyoung connected their foreheads. Mina closed her eyes and felt her warm.

"You are the person whom I know I can rest assured to kill me. I know this is a heartless request but I am willing to bet my life on this Mina unnie."

Mina bit her lower lip as she silently let the tear fall down. Chaeyoung leaned down to kiss her lips which Mina felt the world. She knew by then she has to honor her request, even if it'll make her feel grief. She's willing to carry the burden for the two of them.

Chaeyoung pulled away. Mina still has her eyes closed. She can't bear to open them. She might back out from her decision. 

"We will see each other again?" She asked in a cracked voice.

"Hmm I promise." Chaeyoung answered with the same tone but there is hope in it.

"You better do that or I'll really come after you." 

"Chaeyoung never backs out on her promises." She chuckled. Mina took a deep breathe. 

"I love you." 

"I love you too." 

"I'll wait for you."

"Please do." Chaeyoung smiled as she planted a kiss on Mina's forehead.

"This is your wish?" 

"Hmm it is." 

"Okay I shall do it." 

After saying those words. Mina turned around and opened the door. She didn't dare to look back but she knew Chaeyoung was crying too. If Chaeyoung is willing to sacrifice herself for the world. Mina can't ignore such selflessness. After going out she was brought out from Chaeyoung's consciousness. 

"Did you do it Mina?" Jihyo asked when she saw Mina opened her eyes. Mina didn't reply. She silently took out the dagger from her side. Her eyes still flowing in tears. 

"Mina! what are you doing!?" The blue eyed girl was going to interrupt them when Hecate raised her hand to stop her. 

"Don't this is their decision." Hecate spoke. 

"But she's-" 

"She knew what she's doing." The goddess let out a sigh. Jihyo can't do anything anymore but stare in sadness for her two friends.