Chapter 27: Allies

The three girls arrived at a place full of candles and ancient letters written on the wall in front of the altar. A statue of a horned goat standing on its two hind legs with body of a man was placed on the middle of it.

"Oh my- are we in some kind of cult here?" Chaeyoung gasped looking around the room.

"No it's actually a religion." Jihyo examined the writings. She can't understand it but she knew someone who can so she tapped on her bracelet. Hoping that the woman will appear in front of them. Tzuyu walked to the table in front of the altar. It has fresh blood stained on it. 

"Did they sacrifice someone here?" Tzuyu grimaced to the scent and the vibe it gives. 

"I think so." Chaeyoung agreed.

"So we're against people who praises the devil. Do we need some holy water here?" Jihyo ran her fingers on her hair. 

"I think we could use some of that." Chae pointed at the glowing ring on the middle of the altar. It shines so beautifully the more they look at it.

"What was that?" Tzuyu frowned.

"I don't know but it surely isn't something we can touch." Jihyo crossed her arms looking at it in contemplation. 

"Why does it look so familiar to me." Chaeng frowned.

"You know about it?" 

"No but it-" 

"That's the aureole. So my hunch is true." Jieun suddenly appears behind them with a surprised look on the thing in front of her.

"Aureole?! you mean the ring of Helios?" Chaeyoung gasped.

"Yes. It was said to be missing but never thought it actually was. I guess it was true when Hecate asked for the aureole in return for her help." Jieun examined the said ring of light that looks like a halo. 

"Help for what?" Jihyo frowned.

"The curse towards his daughter and the mortal Luna. The Last Dance." She stared at it as her mind wanders on a different scenario. 

"So the legend was true." Chaeng trailed remembering what her mother told her. 

"Excuse me but what legend are you talking about?" Tzuyu and Jihyo both don't understand what the two Sol bloods are talking about.

"Well I'll tell you about it after we take that." She pointed at the ring of light. 

"How are we going to take that?" Jihyo asked. 

"It's fine. I can handle it." Jieun walked to the halo and lifted her arm to take it. The aureole released more light and it seems to be beating waves of light. Jieun took it with her right hand.