Chapter 24: Réunion

Akira parked the car besides the two other ones on the side. She recognized it as her sister's and the group's car. They got out and Chaeyoung helped her to put a cover for the car to avoid a pile of leaves on it. After all, they're going to comeback after three days.

They got their bags first before finally moving to the said camping site. The way through the mountain is pretty hard as the ground is ascending and it is slippery. It took some grunts and sighs before they finally reached the said place with Jihyo guiding them. Akira didn't bother to ask her about sensitive stuffs anymore and only touch the lighter talks.

The first that welcomed Chaeyoung was the tents and the swing beds installed on the trees. Sana and Tzuyu was busy arranging the guns and rifles on the ground. Momo and Jong are preparing on making a fire to cook. The kids left to get some water from the lake. Sakura and Chaeyeon are the ones to build the tents and Chaeyeon is currently hamering the pin where the tent will hold. Dahyun was busy typing something on her beloved laptop. Probably doing her thing. Chaeyoung felt familiarity to the scene. It feels like she just came back three years ago.

The girls has yet to noticed their presence but there was this one girl who could detect them even before they reach the place. Mina stood in front of them with a frown on her forehead. She gave Jihyo a confused look on what the hell is happening.

"Chaeyoung?!" Finally, Nayeon noticed them and broke into a wide smile. Chae doesn't know what to say on that. Will she smile back? She honestly missed them all but she specially missed the girl that has her glare on Jihyo. She figured she doesn't need to say anything at all too.

Nayeon ran and hugged her tightly. She can't help but felt emotional pooling on her eyes. It's been awhile.

"I missed you. Why did you not contact us even Jeong and I." She mumbled. Everyone has gathered to see the girl. Momo and Tzuyu stood together with a smile. Sana and Dahyun looks so happy. Their eyes showing adoration, happiness, and subtle hint of sadness.

"Sorry unnie." She patted the older girl's back to soothe her.

"Do you know how worried we are that we might never get married if you won't comeback." Nayeon bluffed but maybe she meant it a little. She pulled away and wiped her tear stained eyes. Jeong approached them with a warm smile. She looked like she was going to cry soon too.

"Hey cub you look different." It was supposed to sound as a tease but her voice cracked.

"Aw my bro is crying?" Chaeyoung chuckled and wiped her unnie's face. She herself wnated to cry but she can't. She don't want to show any weak side of her she needs to hold it.

"It's because of you stupid." She whined.

"Why is everyone calling me stupid now?"

Meanwhile, Mina stood meters away from the girls having their reunion. She observed the woman's expression but remained stoic and calm. The Chaeyoung she knew would instantly cry on any emotional matter. She really did changed. Mina turned to look at the culprit of the scene again.

"What are you planning really?" She asked when Jihyo reached her place.

"It's for the mission I sent you." The blondenwoman answered crossings her arms.

"Does she have to be here?"

"Yes she's part of the team Mina." Jihyo smiled. Mina does not know what to react on that. As the person who was left in the dark, she don't know what to feel. Sure she don't hate the woman but there is a part of her who demands explanation. Her aunt was held hostage for years without them knowing where the hell she is.