Chapter 37: Prisoner

Mina opened her eyes again only to see the same ceiling. She sat up but she felt different. Her memory is still foggy but then flashes of events returned back to her. She remembered why they are there. 

"Nee" Akira called from the other bed. Mina sat up and turned to look at her. Akira's eyes is in bright red and her hair white as snow.

"Why are you in that form?" She asked calmly. 

"That is Akira's soul. It reflects the real her." Jessica talked from the other side. Mina glances at her and Jessica has the same pure blue eyes but her hair is as dark as night. She turned to look at her own appearance on the big mirror wall in front of them. Blonde hair with purple eyes but something felt odd looking at her face. Somehow she felt it resembles another person. Then it happened, her purple eyes changed into a pure blue and her hair turning into a lighter blonde. 

"That says you are a royalty." Jessica smiled.

"But why is Akira's eyes red when it was only injected to her?" I frowned.

"Akira is a half Thirio from the start. Your father took her in knowing that. That is why she's much stronger than the rest on the cage. Myoui only enhanced her blood to be as pure as the royal ones." Jessica explained. 

"So I am a half breed huh." Akira blinked. She only just discovered it. There was no files or information about her former parents.

"Sorry I just remembered it now." Jessica shrugged. 

"Let's stop the talk and proceed to do what we came here for." Mina interrupted. 

"Right. Spare me a minute to explain this." She showed the red string attached to their wrist. 

"I already said this will help us not to get lost but this will also serve as our way to communicate to avoid danger. This plane is not as safe as you know. Many monsters are lurking. Those are souls who died with great hate and sorrow turning their darkness into something more sinister. Once we get out  here, There will be three doors. Be careful on entering doors after doors. Remember what we are looking for is the red one. Each of us has the ability to see the door within our souls because souls are deemed to go down or reincarnated. It all depends on us." Her voice is cautious. They shared a look before nodding together. They left the room and as expected there are three doors waiting for them. 

"See you later." Akira waved her hand without looking at them and entered the door without second thougth. 

"That kid really." Jessica smirked before opening the door on her side. She entered with ease and Mina stared at her own door before sighing and entering it herself. 

A familiar place welcomes her, the sea. That place where she and Chaeyoung first met. I guess the place will depend on our desires. She walked around the place and it was empty. Walking leads her to the former place her and her father lived before. The same place she set afire. She heard a small giggle on her left. It sounded familiar to her ears and as she  turned to the source of it, Mina's heart skipped a beat. It was the kid Chaeyoung visiting Mina to play with her. 

"Unnie! Chaeyoung is here!" She announced as she knocked on the door. After some minute a woman has opened it. It was the younger Mina. She walked inside along them and surely the image of two girls slowly disappeared. The house has three rooms. Mina's, her father's and the storage that was soon to be taken by Akira. There is actually four and the fourth one was the secret room.