Chapter 28: Fire Within

Chaeyoung and Jihyo was surprised by the scene in front of them. A raven and silver haired woman and man was being lifted from the ground by Taeyeon with her bare hands. Her eyes showing anger and coldness. Far from the dorky aunty of hers, Taeyeon looked like she's ready to kill whoever is in front of her.

"Taeyeon unnie." She called. Taeyeon didn't listen and continued to strangle the two people. She tried to reach on her but as she touched Taeyeon's back, she accidentally saw a memory from the past.

Seohyun is the name of the raven girl and she was someone close to the blonde woman before. It seems like the three of them along with Miyoung are close friends. But Seohyun is younger from them by ten years and so she was still young when Taeyeon killed the other woman. She was mad towards her. She stayed hating her for how many years even after the hell gates opened releasing the darkness in the world. Taeyeon who bares the weight of protecting her decided to tell her the truth when she came to legal age. 

The younger girl gradually realized it. Her Taeyeon unnie was only a victim on such curse and prophecy. Turns out she herself will know how hell feels like when she fell in love with a normal human. Just like any sols, she can't control herself and ended up killing him. Taeyeon saw everything, from her grief to the point where she loathed herself and her fate as a Sol. She can't accept the fact that she was being tied to the responsibility of having to live the painful and lonely life for a long time and their death being uncertain.

Yuri, Sooyoung and Hyo might be the troublemakers but they never stepped on the boundary of betraying the tribe. But Seohyun did. It is when Taeyeon's beloved sister Soeun was having a hard time suppressing herself from Mina's mom. Seohyun linked herself to the devil way back before the hell gates closed and the rest of the Sols didn't know. She made pact to him and he promised her to break the curse. She was the one who triggered the awakening, putting more fuel to fire the Lunams has been feeling towards them. Taeyeon got mad. She decided to cast her away. The leader has been lenient to the woman before her because she valued their memories together and Seohyun is someone who was a living witness to her and Miyoung's past. She might never admitted it but she love her as much as she did to all of her sisters in the tribe.

"I-I see you have Soeun's daughter with you." Hyun struggled to spoke. 

"Shut up or I'll fucking throw you to hell. What did that devil want again?" Her intimidating eyes and killing intent making Chaeyoung and Jihyo took a step back. The air around them are eerie and heavy.

"Y-you know the second coming is near right. He's preparing for his return." 

"Like I'll fucking let you." Taeyeon snaps and throws both of them to the nearest tree. The man collapsed from too much pressure making him can't breathe anymore.

"C-come on sis. As if you can do anything. Unless you kill that child or that hybrid then everything will fail." She smirked as she was pricking into Taeyeon's fears.

"I'm not killing anyone. You should stop with this nonsense Hyun." Taeyeon gritted her jaw in anger. She knew that she can't just take away her sister from the devil because the last time she remembered.. Seohyun almost died and she can't let that. She can't let someone die again by her own actions.