Chapter 30: Wicked

Mina sat silently on her queen sized bed. She stared blankly outside the window. Her mind wandering to the woman she left. She finally said it. As much as she wants to be with her, she can't be. Chaeyoung is on the side she hates the most. She don't want to be a burden for Chaeyoung. She wanted the girl to see her as someone equal not as some kind of fragile glass that needs constant care. I'm supposed to be the strong one. 

"I'm done being a display and a prisoner of your secrets Chae." She whispered to herself but inside her mind she was saying it to the younger girl. 

Suddenly, her phone vibrates. Picking it up, her uncle's name popped up on the screen. She immediately answered it.

"Yes uncle?" 

"We need you here." The seriousness on his voice made Mina understood it was a serious matter.

"Why? what happened?" 

"We learned where they hid Jessica. Krystal is planning to do something stupid. We need you here immediately." 

"Okay I'm coming. Where is Loki?" 

"He's actually already waiting for you outside." He answered.

"Okay uncle." She was going to end the call but he said something that made her stop.

"Mina can I ask you something?" 

"Yes what is it?" She was fiddling with her jacket to wear on. 

"Are you really over her?" That made her rise her brows.

"Why? what's with the question uncle?" 

"This might turn into a war against them. We need to fight Mina and that includes your ex, dear." Now his voice are soft and gentle.

"Uncle, I can handle that. Have faith in me." She smiled.

"Yeah but I just can't help it you know. You are our only hope." He sounded so defeated and desperate. 

"I understand. Rest assured I will fight for our family." She let out a sight and exited her room.

"Okay I trust you. Hanna will be so proud of you Mina. Take care on your way here." He finally ended the call and Mina stopped on her tracks to look at the beautiful portrait of her mother hanged at the wide wall of her apartment. 

"I hope you are mom."

...

Taeyeon struggled to suck the energy out of Chaeyoung. The little girl has her wrist chained up on the wall to restrain her from doing something. Her Sol blood is kicking in and causing for her mind to be out of it for a while. She's grunting in pain from the burning sensation on her chest. It's like she's going to melt any moment. Her eyes is turning yellow then blue in vice versa.