Chapter 33: Alec

Chaeyoung lost her strength when she finally reached Taeyeon. The older woman frowned upon the action. She started panicking when she felt the cold skin of Chae. Chaeyoung's eyes are turning yellow and blue alternately. 

"What happened!?" she asked in panic. The younger woman opened her mouth to say something but there was nothing. Before she could even speak up, a much lower shade of voice came out of it.

"It's been a long time Kim Taeyeon." Chae's eyes stopped changing and permanently stayed into yellow ones. Taeyeon recognized the voice instantly. 

"A-Alec?" She stuttered.

"Good that you still remembered me." The said woman before her smiled. Now it makes sense to the tribe leader.

"H-how- why are you inside-" She frowned in confusion. 

"You must have noticed my disappearance on that day." Chaeyoung's hair started changing into a blonde one. 

"No... The day I revived her... It can't be." Taeyeon can't believe it herself. She never expected that the soul would also be transferred when she revived Chaeyoung decades ago. 

"Yes my child. When you revived her, I followed her soul. The kid was lost, she's still young when she died. I had to do it to work." The said woman before her smiled again. 

"You should have said something before. I was confused when you disappeared. I thought the curse was done." Taeyeon looked down still at the process of taking the truth. The one she revived long ago was none other than Chaeyoung. The kid was still on Soeun's womb and she didn't knew she's pregnant at that moment. The depression almost killed her and the baby inside which Taeyeon has to work out and revive the young life inside her sister's womb or both of them will die. That remained a secret until now.

"I'm sorry I was asleep and dormant all this time. I can only manifest when her sol blood is in active." Alec answered. 

"So what will happen to her now?" 

"There will be a change in the curse." The spirit spoke.

"What? As long as we prevent the sequence from happeni-" 

"No... That was done long ago. Hell will rise up and you have to prepare her." Her tone is very delicate but full of authority.

"How could that be?" 

"I met Miyoung on my way to find the soul of this child. She was held captive for this day to come." 

"Mi-Miyoung? how? I don't understand! what captive? where is she?!" Anger and frustration is evident on Taeyeon's voice.

"Hell, my dear. We need to save her before her soul will be sacrificed to the gates." 

"But isn't her soul in me? My awakening is the exchange to her life." She frowned in confusion.

"No, I am within you at that time. I am you and you are me just like this child. Every sol has a part of me. There was never a sacrifice for the awakening. It was the hunger to kill the most important people in your lives. I am sorry. I didn't know until I met father when I separated from you. He locked himself in his heaven. This is a trick from Hecate, that witch fooled my father and has spreaded a rumor of him cursing us when it was her all this time. She was the one who planted the curse to us. In the first place, you don't need to kill the most precious person to awaken yourself... you just have to feel intense despair and sorrow to activate your ability."