Chapter 20: Beautiful Scars

She sat looking at the beautiful scenery in front of her. The breathtaking view of the beach made everything look so perfect. It's been three years since she can appreciate Korea's ocean. The last time was when she danced with a certain girl with beautiful purple eyes. 

"Chae where should we go first?" The brunette driving asked her. 

"Hmm I miss mom. Let's go home first then let's meet up with Taengoo unnie." Chaeyoung answered with a smile. 

"Is that all you miss?" She smirked.

"Don't start with me Somi-ah." 

"Whatever your highness." Somi shook her head with a known smile and drove to the place Chaeyoung said. The shorter woman continued to look outside with her thoughts wandering on the person she much wanted to see. 

Three years had passed since that day. Many things happened. She left to Europe with Somi. Taeyeon overtook the Night and punished Jessica and Jiyong completely prisoning them to who knows where. Mina took in charge of the tribe and another leader from the Thirios are crowned too. Chaeyoung was well informed about the changes in the council. But that's it, that is all she knew. She cut ties with her friends nor check on them except Jihyo. It can't be helped as the girl became Jieun's responsibility. Through the woman, they would talk about what are the recent activities of the group. 

Sana and Dahyun left to Japan helping Akira, Sakura and Chaeyeon. Momo has found a partner, named Kim Heechul. Chaeyoung was really happy for her unnie after knowing the news. She even sent a bouquet of flowers for the woman using the address Jihyo gave her. Nayeon and Jeong is still engaged. They postponed their marriage for the reason they wouldn't do it without their baby cub. Chae is quite feeling guilty about it because she promised to be there and she bailed. That's all she knew. She didn't ask about Mina. Not because she don't care. It is because she did care and is afraid to hear anything that would make her want to go back.

The two tribes stayed silent for the whole three years. They never planned another revolt against Sols and Taeyeon is still the Night. This time she didn't  bind or formed a contract with the two new leaders. Instead, she made the two former leader as her token of assurance. Taeyeon also made her a member to the Night. She don't go with the name Chaeyoung but Seyoung.

"Taeyeon unnie said you have to come with her to the meeting." Somi stopped seeing the red light. 

"Do you think it's time?" She asked still looking outside. 

"I should be asking you that. Are you ready to meet her again?" The question is simple but one of the hardest question she found herself pondering. Am I ready? Meeting the person I never stopped loving. 

Taeyeon offered for her to erase her memory but the younger girl refused. She can't get through the fact of living a clueless life while her other half is breaking and still remembers her. It's too unfair and she don't want Mina to go through the same thing as having your loved one forgotten you. 

"I don't know Somi-ah but I think I can try. I can't just continue to hide." She sighed. Somi nodded and couldn't agree more.

"Well let's think about that later. What do you think we should get for your mom?" 

...

A certain blonde woman stood in front of the city scape. She watched as the busy streets of Korea lighten up as the sky started to darken. Her mind wandering on different things she has to do. Being a leader of a big organization made her understand many things. The responsibility is there. Many lives depends on her now and she can't just think only about her happiness.