Chapter 20 ( unedited)

Nicole POV
I left Alex home with my stepmom because I had to go to the gallery to see if they needed anything else before I went to Africa with Alex for the filming off the commercial. Thank god my mom decided that she would come with me so she could watch Alex while I was working. When I had free time then I would take them out so that they could get a costumed with the local culture.

I parked my car a couple of blocks away from the gallery because I wanted to get inside through the back door. Today was Sunday which meant that a lot of people visited the gallery and while I was thrilled that they loved my art in the same time I didn't want to meet anyone today or I would never finish my work in time. In order to not noticed by them I had abandoned my designer clothes and high heels and instead I was wearing grey sweatpants and a white shirt. My hair was in a bun and my eyes were covered by big sunglasses. I locked my car and got my bag smiling with my choice of clothes. No one would believe that the girl in sweatpants and baseball cap was Blackheart.

As soon as I crossed the road I heard a voice that made me stop dead in my tracks.

"Going somewhere?"
I turned my head only to find Jack leaning on the front of his car like he owned the world smirking at me. He was wearing jeans and a white V-neck shirt that was showing his delicious body. Damn him for looking mouthwatering and damn me for thinking that.

I ignored him and hurried my steps toward the back of the gallery. Maybe if I ignored him he would go away.

"Where did you hide the body?" He asked while following me

"Excuse me? What does that even supposed to win?"

"Well you are wearing a baseball cap, big glasses and keeping your head low. You are trying very hard for people not to see you. I don't know about you but when I see in the news someone behave like this it's because they have killed someone."

"You are out of your mind." I yelled at him.

"Hush now you don't want to attract attention. It wouldn't look good if you have witnesses around when you leave the crime of the scene. Is the body still in the car?"

"There is no body in my car but if you don't stop pestering me it will be Your Body in the trunk of my car."

"If you kill me too I won't be able to help you. See I know a guy who knows a guy who knows another guy that knows another girl who can help us dispose everything that we want." He smirked at me while I was about to lose my mind.

"You do? Can i have her number? I think I might need her services after all" I asked sweetly

"Don't tell me it's Mike inside the trunk of your car."

"Nope. It's your dear Jennifer." I smiled showing him all my teeth and for a second I saw him freeze. Did he really believe that?

"Haha" he said while still following me.

"Can you please go away? I am mad with you and the fact that you still continue to push my buttons the wrong way doesn't help either."

"So you want me to push your buttons the right way?" He asked getting so close to me our bodies were almost touching and I could smell his cologne. That smell reminded me of our time together. Every time that someone was wearing the same cologne I couldn't help but think of Jack. It's like some people associate the smell of fresh baked cookies with home, I associated his cologne with our life together, when we were happily married.

"Is that what you got from that? Men." I said while shaking my head and opening the back door of the gallery and going toward my office. I didn't have to turn to know that he was behind me. When I finally entered in my office he got inside too and went and sat in my chair behind the desk.

"That is my chair. Get up."

"You can sit at the other chair." He pointed the one in front of my office desk.

"I said that's my chair, now get up Jack Ryder or.."

"You will spank me?" He interrupted and winked at me

"What is your problem? Do you enjoy making my life miserable?"
I saw a flash of pain in his eyes but he quickly hid it away by smiling.

"My problem is that you have me in your disposition right now and you are not taking the opportunity to ravish me."

"You have lost your mind."

"I did when I didn't believe in you 4 years ago but now I got my mind back but I need my soul too. I need you." He said before getting up from my chair and getting close to me. His arms encircled my body and he was looking at me like he was seeing me for the first time.

"You are beautiful without any makeup." He took off my sunglasses and his hand was gently caressing the side of my cheek. My traitorous heart started to beat faster and my face was feeling warmer too. Great, that's what I needed. Him seeing me blush by his words. I wanted to die of embarrassment.

"Why are you really her Jack? Are you planing on ways on how to bring me down?"

"I know I deserve that but I swear in my mothers grave that the last thing I want to do is hurt you. I hurted you enough to last a lifetime and what I now want is to make up for it and make you happy."

"But I am happy Jack. I have a son that I love and adore, carrier that I also love and I am in a happy relationship with Mike."

"What about us? We were happy too before I screw up big time"

"You said it yourself. We were as in the past. We are over Jack. We have been over for years now. It's time that you accept it and move on. Don't try to ruin my happiness. I know that you told Mike that we kissed that night at the restaurant. It was a low move and you know it. I don't understand why you did that in the first place."

"I got jealous seeing you with him. I didn't want him to kiss you and when I kissed you I wanted to wipe away his kisses from you. I wanted you to be mine again. I know that I am being selfish but I can't help it. It kills me seeing you with someone else. Knowing that it was my actions that pushed us away. I would sell my soul to the devil if I could go back in time and change the past but I can't. What I can do is try to win you back." He said before his lips captured my lips in a kiss that was meant to show how much he loved me. The kiss was gentle and his soft lips were making me forget everything. I kissed him back with everything that I had too. Our lips seemed to recognize each other because soon they were forming a perfect harmony where both of us were trying to convey all of our deepest feelings for each other.

When I could hear the beat of my heart in my head and couldn't hold my breath any longer I stepped back from Jack. His face was priceless. He looked like the happiest man alive, like someone told him that they found a cure for his terminal disease.

"You kissed me back." He said in awe and outer bliss as lowered his head to kiss me again.

"Jack" I stopped him by placing my index finger at his lips. The same lips that I had tasted and enjoyed just seconds ago. He stopped midway and just looked at me expectantly.

"That was a goodbye kiss. I don't want to see you again." I said while looking at his smile vanish and pain making his way in his beautiful features.

A/N
So Jack didn't have a chance to kidnap Nikki yet. Do you think he will continue to go after her or will he leave her alone so that she could be happy with Mike?
Btw wow 65k readers. Never I would imagine that so many people would read my story.
Thank you!!!!!

Please vote and comment!