Chapter 16 ( unedited)

A/N
This chapter is dedicated to DanielleEsterman her comment made me laugh :)
By the way guys I gave you a clue about Jennifer when I wrote the chapter in her POV. It looks like no one caught it. Muahahaha 😈evil laugh👿 . If you go and read it again tell me what you think about it. I will dedicate the chapter to the one who gets closer to the truth

Jack POV

I left Nicole home frustrated. How low can Jennifer go, planing a wedding that doesn't exist while I clearly broke up with her. Not even this but she also threatened me to about my child if I don't follow what she says. I might have been blind once and believed her because before everything went down south after she showed me "evidence" of Nikki's betrayal we were really good friends. We went to school together and we always had each other's back. She was the closest thing to family that I had after my parents. I still couldn't believe how much she had changed lately. It looked like she was a different person. In the last years even her work ethic changed. I don't know if she changed lately or this is the person that she always has been. I needed to talk with her to make things clear for her but first I needed to make a stop somewhere to get something that would help me find out if she was lying about being pregnant or not.

"Hi welcome to Walgreens." The front desk cashier said to me.

"Hi, can you tell me where the pregnancy tests are?" I asked her looking around. I couldn't see those damn tests anywhere.

"Of course sir. They are isle 8." She said pointing toward the isle.

"Thanks." I nodded at her and walked to the isle. There were at least 10 different pregnancy tests there and they all were different, some gave you a plus, the other the answers was 2 lines if positive and one even said pregnant or not pregnant. I grabbed one of each and trying not to drop them. I should have gotten a stupid shopping cart but that also would have looked weird if I filled it with pregnancy tests only. People probably think that I left a dozen of women pregnant by seeing the number of tests that I got.

"Can I pay for this here?" I asked the same cashier and she just stared at the counter filled of pregnancy tests.

"Which one of this are you buying?" The wannabe Miley Cyrus asked while chewing on her gum. She looked like someone put a photo of Miley in the copy machine and after a paper jam low and behold the cashier came to life.

"All of them."

"Are you sure. You don't need so many. One or two would be fine. Well unless you left the whole female population at your job pregnant." She said smiling

"Is that supposed to be a joke?" I arched one of my eyebrows. "Just ring them up, what I do with them it's my problem."

"Of course." She said and started ringing all the pregnancy tests.

"Your total is $135.75. Cash or credit" She said smiling probably thinking I couldn't afford them.

I took 3 $50 from my wallet and hand it over at her.

"Here. Keep the change. I don't even want the receipt." I said while grabbing the two bags with the tests and leaving the store.

"Thank you." I heard her voice carry on but I was already in from of my car. I put the bags in the passages seat and I drove to Jennifer's home.

I rang the bell of Jennifer house and after a minute or so she opened the door wearing a sexy red nightgown. She was obsessed with the color red.

"Baby" she jumped at me and gave me a hug that almost crushed me. "What a pleasant surprise" she purred in my ear.

"Let go." I said to her while trying to pry of her fingers from my neck.

"What's wrong baby? Long day at the office?"

"Unbelievable. How can you pretend like nothing happened. You are not making a fool out of me again Jennifer."

"I don't understand. Why are you mad, we had a discussion in the morning but I am sure we can make things work. All relationships have a bumpy road."

"We are not in a relationship Jennifer. I should have never been in a relationship with you. You lied and schemed behind my back but now it's over. We are over."

"If you leave me I will abort your child. How would you feel if your son died because of you."

"Are you out of your mind woman. Listen to yourself. Planing on killing Your child if I leave you. What kind of sick person does that?"

"Someone that loves you so much it's ready to do everything for you." She said while tears escaped her.

"That is not love Jen, that's an obsession." I said calmly at her. Trying to make her see reason.

"Please don't leave me jack. We can be so happy together. You,me and our child. We could be a real family."

"I don't live you Jennifer. I never did. If you are having my child I would be with him or her every step of the way but I will never get back with you."

"The I will run and you will never see either one of us again." She said angry wiping her tears.

"If you are pregnant I am not letting you out of my sight a minute. I will have people watching your 24/7. You won't be able to run anywhere.

"I will run away. You will see." She said smugly crossing her arms triumphantly.

"We will." I said to her "but first I want proof that you are really pregnant because I don't think I believe you."

"Of course. I called my doctor already and he told me that we can go to his office in two weeks. There you can see that I am not lying to you."

"I want to find out now not wait two weeks" I said while getting the two bags of pregnancy bags and emptying them in the sofa. I smiled when I saw that all color was lost from her face and she started to stutter.

"But... But you know that those are not 100% exact? We can wait till we go to the doctor to be 100% sure" She said while trying to sound confident.

"I don't need 100% accuracy. 99% is fine by me. As you can see I bought a dozen of them so if one its not working the others might. Now how about we take the test?"

"Now?" She asked in a high pitched voice. "Wouldn't be better in the morning. I will take the tests and give you the results."

"Do you think i am stupid?" I chuckled. "God only knows what do you plan to do till tomorrow. You are capable of everything and I don't trust you."

"Your words hurt me. Yes I am pregnant with your child but I am not going to take a stupid test just because you doubt my words."

"Oh I don't doubt your words. I just don't believe a word you say right now. Here are the tests. Take it and if you are pregnant I will stay with you."

I am never staying with her even if the fate of the human population depended on us. I had to practically drag her to the bathroom and stay there while she was taking the test.

"I am in the bathroom now. Can you please close the door so I can take those stupid tests?" She glared at me. To say she was pissed was the understatement of the year

"I am staying right here. Knowing you, you are probable of paying a pregnant woman to sell you her urine just do the test can come up positive." 

She paled after my comment and I was glad I stayed in the bathroom with her. She could probably have a bottle of urine under the sink. I had seen those advertisement on Craigslist. Pregnant women selling their urine for $10. People would do anything for money.

It took her a couple of minutes to take all the tests and after I put the timer I waited the longest 2 minutes of my life. The test would totally change my future. If she was pregnant I would take care of my child and always be in his or her life but there was no way in hell I would marry Jennifer. When the timer rang up my mouth fell open.

"All the tests. They all had the same result. They all were ....."

A/N

Cliffhanger. So will Jack have a child? Was Jennifer pregnant all along but she had no idea and that's why she wanted in vitro fertilization?
Vote yes or no.