Chapter 3 (unedited)

A/N
Hi guys I am back. Sorry if the last chapter was short. I wrote the last sentence five minutes before going to work. So any thoughts as to whom Daniel is? What do you want him to Nikki?
Please vote and comment. I check wattpad every minute looking if someone else read my story. Desperate much? Lol. Anyway enjoy.

Nicole POV
I woke up feeling even more tired than I have ever been in my life. I was exhausted spiritually so I guess that's the reason why I feel like crap. I saw that I was in the guest bedroom at Daniel's and suddenly everything that happened today came rushing through. I hugged my knees and started to cry in a fetal position in bed. The pillow became damp almost immediately and I was sure that I would leave makeup up marks in the pillowcase but I didn't care anymore and I am sure Danny won't care either. Go figure on the rare occasion that I actually put makeup on my "darling" husband makes me ruin it by making me cry my heart out.

After what it looked like an eternity for me I got thirsty and decided to go to the kitchen to grab something to drink. Hmm, I wonder if one can get dehydrated from crying a river.

"Damn Danny you scared me to death! What are you doing sitting down in the dark like a vampire, do you hate light?" I whisper yelled him. I didn't have much voice left from all that crying.

He just shrugged and looked at me. "Ice cream?" He offered.

"I got your favorite Haagen Dazs salted caramel. Come sit or I will eat it myself " he teased.

"You wouldn't!"

"I so would" he said and then took a spoon and tried to take a spoonful of my Ice cream.
Tried being the key word here because as soon as he was about to take a spoonful of it I run towards him and took the spoon and the tub of ice cream away and shove the spoonful of heaven in my mouth while scolding at Daniel who was laughing at me.

"Gosh Nikki chill, it's just ice cream, you are such a child sometimes it's too easy to mess with you" he continued laughing at my expense until he saw me that I was crying silent tears.

"Hey baby doll, what's wrong you were fine a minute ago, why are you crying again?"

"You called me a child."

"And what's wrong with that. I said it affectionately, I love that you are so carefree and innocent like child. Why is that a problem?"

"Jack!"

"Damn that bastard, I totally forgot that he called you immature. He was wrong baby doll, you are perfect and don't need to change for him or anyone else. They should love you for who you are not for whom they want you to be. He is not worth your tears trust me."

"He is the one that is perfect, successful in anything, caring and loving. Everything he touches turns to gold. He built an empire out of nothing and people respect him and want to be him. No one want to be the loser old me."

"Stop right there. I don't want you to think that he is a god that was making you a favor just be being in your side. It's totally the opposite. You made him a favor by giving him a chance. He treats people like objects and dumps them when he gets bored, not caring about their feelings. You are the perfect example that he doesn't think about anyone else except himself."

"He isn't like that, he had his reasons to leave me, I would dump me if I was him, he is so much better than me I don't understand what he saw in me in the first place. I am just a regular girl and he still treated me like a queen. I guess I made it hard for him to stay married with someone like me."

"Stop defending the jerk." Daniel was almost yelling now. His face was becoming red like a tomato and you could see his veins popping out. It would be funny to see him like this, lose his calmness and control and I would laugh if the situation wasn't the one we are now.

"It's him who doesn't deserve you not vice versa. You need to stop seeing him through rose colored glasses and see him for who really is. Do you want to know what that jerk was doing while you cried yourself to sleep. He was f**king getting drunk and busy with someone else. I went to give him a piece of my mind and found him drunk and covered in lipstick marks, which I guess weren't yours since you were in my house."

"No,no,no that can't be true. He loves me he cannot cheat on me hours after I left and in our house. He cannot bring a female in my home, damn it." I rose from my seat and started to pace around the room feeling like a lion in a cage. He could not cheat on me while I am crying my heart out.

"I didn't want to tell you that but I want you to know him for who he really is and move on. He is not worth it if he cheats on you right after he asked you for a divorce. What makes you think that he hasn't been cheating you behind your back the whole time?"

"Tonight you cry for him and for what you could have been, but tomorrow you make that bastard pay. Now let's eat all the junk food I bought and watch some romantic movies. You need to take him out of your system so you can be strong in front of him tomorrow."

We sat down together and ate junk food for hours until I felt like I was going to pass out. Daniel held me the whole time and was my rock every time that I broke down in tears. I was lucky to have him as my best friend. He always had my back and I hoped that one day he could find his other half and that he will love him for who he is. My best friend deserves the best.

Thanks for reading the chapter. Please vote for it in inkitt contest Swoon, the story has a different cover but you can find it by copying and pasting the link http://www.inkitt.com/stories/61817