Chapter 17 (unedited)

A/N
Wow 2 chapters in a day. I decided to update so you guys would know the resort of the test. Enjoy.

Jack POV

All the tests were positive. I would be a dad. That's it my life is over now. I should just go and jump of a bridge.

Nicole will never forgive me now. I should just marry this nutcase now and hope to god we don't kill each other. With a mother like Jennifer who knows how the kid will turn out. Life is cruel, I could have been happy with Nicole. It's all my fault and now I have to pay. I felt like crying right now 😭😭😭😭😭

Just kidding guys just kidding. Here is the next chapter. The real one :) don't kill me for playing with your feelings. I was laughing trying to imagine your expression when you read it.

"...Negative. Every single one of them is negative." I was smiling so much my cheeks would probably hurt me later but I didn't care. Right now I was the happiest man alive. I was finally free. I wouldn't have to ever see her in my life.

"I think the tests were expired or something." Jennifer brought me out of my happy bubble. I was a second away of doing a happy dance before she spoke again.

"Even when you are caught lying you still refuse to tell the truth. You are not pregnant Jennifer. Accept that you and I will never work. Get it in your thick head that I don't love you. I never did and I never will."

"Ok fine I lied I wasn't pregnant but you have to understand that I was desperate. I don't won't to lose you. I love you." She started crying

"What are you doing?" She asked confused.

"I just took pictures of the negative results and also recorded you when you said that you aren't pregnant. This way you could not say tomorrow that you were pregnant and I forced you to abort the child or something. You were my friend once and I believed in you but right now you are my worst enemy."

"But... But..."

"Oh by the way you are fired. I wanted to be a gentleman and let you get away with everything by allowing you to quit but you didn't listen to me. Now you are fired and after I a, don't with you no one will want to hire you. You will have to get out of the city with the hope that you could work somewhere minimum wage. Don't ever come near me or I will get a restriction order"

"I will kill myself if you leave me. You will have that in your conscience all your life."

"Go ahead do it. Just find a way where you don't ruin your face. You would like an open casket after all. Oh and red roses are still your favorite flowers?"

"Yeah." She mumbled. She couldn't believe that her threat come up empty.

"Then I will make sure you will have a lot of them at your funeral. That is if you still decide to kill yourself. And please don't jump out of the window. You could hurt someone walking in the street or ruin someone else's car." I winked at her and left.

In a way I felt like a bastard for saying those words to her. I never wished for anyone to die and after everything that she did I didn't wish that to her either but I wanted her to understand that no matter what she tries I will never be a pawn in her game. I was blind for to long and not it was time to win Nicole back.

I thought about calling her but it was getting a little bit late and I dint want to bother her. I was driving home and on the way there I saw that a florist shop was still open. Maybe I could send her some flowers instead. I parked the car in front of the store and entered inside the store. I couldn't see anyone around so I called for someone

"Hello? Anyone here?" I heard a nose coming from the back of the store so I called again.

"I am coming." A male voice came from the back of the store. After a minute an old man in his 50s showed up.

"How can I help you?"

"So you have any blue roses? I know that it's a little unusual as a request but they are for an important cause."

"I am sorry young man but I don't have any of them ready. You do know that they are just regular white roses that are placed in blue dye?"

"I know but she really loves blue roses. Do you know another store that sells them?"

"It's almost 9pm young man. Most stores are closed. I could give you a dozen of white roses and the blue dye and you could make them yourself if you want. I am sure that your lady would appreciate the effort."

"That seems great." I smiled. He went out in the back and came up with a beautiful bouquet of white roses and a small plastic back that contained the dye.

"It seems like it's your lucky day young man because I also found a single blue rose in the back." He said smiling

"You have no idea." I smiled back thinking about the negative result of the pregnancy tests.

I paid for the roses after he showed me how to make them blue and wished me good luck. I was looking at the single blue rose and in the spur of the moment I turned my car left at the intersection so I could stop by Nicole's home. I hoped she was still awake. I took a post it note from the glove box and I attached to the rose. I should have bought a card at the store but the post it note would work too.

I felt like a teenager again climbing the window of the girl that I liked when I stopped before Nicole door and ringing her bell. It placed the blue rose carefully with the post it note on the welcome mat and I walked away. I didn't want her to see me today but she would know who gave her the rose. On it I wrote:

"Forgive me. I will always love you. Jack."