Moment | لمحہ

(A/N: Since I completed the chapter before Sunday, I don't want to make you guys wait anymore.)

 HAPPY READ!❤

"Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person's life." 

– Jackie Chan

Faryal's eyelids slowly fluttered open, the soothing Azan-e-Fajar was feebly audible, the usual time she always wakes up. she blinked groggily and dragged her feet off the bed and was going to the washroom while rubbing her knuckles onto her eyes when she stumbled over something.

The room was dimly lighted so she carefully looked at the floor and realized it was a pillow. The last night memories flooded back into her mind. She moved her gaze towards the bed where Zahra and Zohaib were soundly asleep, and then to the floor in bewilderment.

"Did I sleepwalk?". She muttered with wide eyes.

"Not possible", She discarded her own speculation.

"Neend mein hi chali hongi mein wrna bed tuk kesi pohnchthi. Shukar hai kahin takur nahi mari mein nay", she face palmed herself and went to the washroom.

After some time Faryal came out of the washroom and silently tiptoed in the dimly lighted room. She proceeded towards the dressing table, pat dried her still wet dripping hair with a towel.

"Thank God I'm not late", Faryal whispered looking at the dark sky outside the room through the window.

She covered herself with her dupatta, spread the prayer mat, and offered the Fajar prayer. After offering the prayer she folded the prayer mate and placed it on the table. She unwrapped the dupatta from her head and let loose her wet hair.

"Let's skip the morning walk today. I'm still tired.", She said to herself looking at Zahra and Zohaib who were fast asleep. She carefully rolled onto her side and starred at Zahra. A smile crept on her face thinking about the way Zahra has brought colors to her life. For the first time in life, she was supposed to share the room with someone for a slightly longer time period but she was already loving it. She was tired of being alone.

Then she moved her gaze to Zohaib. His features were much softer in sleep, the lines that usually creased his brow replaced by the youthful appearance that matched those of others of his age. He looked peaceful.

She shifted her eyes towards the wall in front of her which was filled with Zohaib's and Ayza's pictures. In every picture they were smiling, the kind of smile which reaches one's eyes.

The flow of her thoughts suddenly stopped, an idea popped into her mind. She looked at Zohaib with a smirk and muttered "Mr. Zohaib Ahmed Durrani you owe me one".

---------------------------------

Faryal was coming downstairs while humming a happy song trying to stifle her giggles. Her eyes glowed with both delight and mischief.

"Kya baat hai aj tou Ma'Sha'Allah barhi cheh'cheha rahi hai hamari beti (What happened, today our daughter is looking very happy)", Dadi jan said in admiration.

Faryal stopped in her tracks and smiled looking at Dadi jan.

"Assalam-u-Alikum", Faryal said in cheerful tone and sat beside Dadi jan.

"Walikum Assalam, my beautiful child", Dadi jan cupped Faryal's face in her hands and placed a kiss on her forehead.

Dada jan cleared his throat, lowered down the newspaper in his hands, and adjusted his glasses.