Birthday-III | سالگراہ

"Ordinary People Promise To Do More. Extraordinary People Just Do More."
― Wesam Fawzi

"Uzair come sit here with us", Ayza's father said. Uzair looked at him hesitantly.

"Come on, Uzair it's been years. Forget it now", Uncle added playfully.

Uzair scratched the back of his head nervously and mumbled "It's still embarrassing".

"Uzair sit down with uncle. Come on.", Zohaib said trying to stifle his chuckle. Uzair glared at him, took a cushion from the sofa, and threw it at Zohaib. Zohaib caught it and let out a chuckle, most of them who were aware of the situation joined him as well.

Faryal was confused. She looked at Zohaib with a baffled expression.

"Later", Zohaib mouthed the word.

"Faryal come here", Usman called her and she went towards him.

"Zohaib how are you beta? ", Ayza's mother asked.

"I'm very well",

"We meet Zahra and Faryal frequently, I acquire from her about your well-being",

"Faryal and Zahra?", He said wriggled eyebrows.

"Yeah", Aunty studied his expression. "You don't know about it?".

Zohaib shook his head.

"Oh!...Faryal pays frequent visits to our home with Zahra", Zohaib's eyes shot open.

"Just because of Faryal's insistence we decided to stay back in Pakistan. She made us realize that Zahra needs our presence. My heart is at peace now that both you and Zahra are in good hands. And I'm so proud of you that you take care of her. I keep asking her about you and she says that you are a perfect husband.", Aunty smiled. He paused a moment for her words to sink in. 

"She didn't tell me this", He stated and moved his gaze towards her. She was standing at the other end of the living area with Huzaifa, Usman and Uzair.

"Next time you have to come with them", 

"Sure Aunty".

------------------------------------

Zain and Mahum were standing at a table that was richly filled with various snacks." Mahum baji I think you should check out this one as well", Zain said stuffing chicken patties into his mouth.

Mahum looked down at her plate which was already overfilled with different items. "Let me finish these first, there are many things to eat Ya Allah I don't know from where to start".

"We will ask amma Jan to get some packed for us, she is a sweetheart you know", Zain replied. They continued stuffing their mouths oblivious to their surroundings.

"Astagfirullah (I seek forgiveness in God)", Uzair shook his head in disbelief." It seems like we have starved them".

"Patah nahi jatha kaha hai yeh itna khana (Don't know where does all that food go)", Usman said looking at their lean figures.

"Let them eat peacefully if it makes them happy", Faryal said in their defense.

"Huzaifa bring a chair for me", Dad called out.

Huzaifa nodded his head and looked around. He picked up the chair which was placed behind Zain as he was standing.

"You are staying here", Huzaifa asked Faryal as he joined them back.