Effort | کاوش

HAPPY READ!

HAPPY READ!

یہ بات الگ ہے میرا قاتل بھی وہی تھا

اس شہر میں تعریف کے قابل بھی وہی تھا

Yeh baat alug hai mera qatil bhi wohi tha

Is shehr mein tareef kay qabil bhi wohi tha

Last night dada Jan announced a family picnic which included a night out as well. The flow of happiness amongst the family was at its peak while preparing for it. Everybody was excited about this outdoor adventure. Ladies of the house were sitting in the lounge whereas, the gents were busy with arrangements. Uzair went to the office as he had important meetings lined up.

"How is your neck pain now?", Dadi Jan asked Faryal.

"I'm feeling better Dadi Jan, your massage can do wonders," Faryal replied with an assuring tight-lipped smile. She moved forward and kissed Dadi Jan's cheek.

Faryal got a stiff neck due to her uncomfortable sleeping position on the couch, yesterday she was unable to move her neck completely. Dadi Jan's massage eased her muscles but yet the slight pain was still there.

"Tell him to go a little bit easy on you.", Mahum whispered in her ear.

Faryal looked at her with furrowed eyebrows, trying to grasp the meaning of her words. All of a sudden her face turned as red as a ripe tomato due to embarrassment as the realization dawned upon her.

Faryal slightly elbowed Mahum in the ribs and muttered "Stupid", to which Mahum laughed hysterically.

"Wah aur lug bi nayi naweli Dulhan rahi ho ab tou (Great, you are looking a newly wedded bride as well now)", Maham winked.

Due to Dadi phupho's remarks, Faryal has become more conscious about her looks. She started wearing fancy dresses, minimal jewelry, and makeup every day, even for a picnic (sigh). Faryal and Mahum stopped bickering when they saw Zohaib coming downstairs.

"Zohaib why are you not ready yet?", Dadi Jan asked.

"Sorry Dadi Jan, I don't feel like going out", He replied.

Everyone looked at him with sadness. On the other hand, Faryal was thinking that if he is not going that means Zahra is also not going out with them.

"Son what will you to stay at home with us elders, go and have fun", Dadi phupho said. Dada Jan, Dadi Jan, and Dadi phupho were staying at home.

"Let it be Bushra (Dadi phupho's name) if he doesn't want to go don't force him." Dadi Jan said. She didn't want him to feel pressured every time.

"Theek hai, As you wish. Faryal if Zohaib is staying, you will also stay at home.", Dadi phupho said.