chapter one.

❞See, old man?❞

❞See, old man?❞

✵✵✵✵

CLAUSTROPHOBIA WAS A CURSE SHE LIVED WITH. She wasn't one to get scared much but the blue vortex swirling around her triggered her little curse. The sounds around her disappeared, she was completely alone, shrouded in silence and this suffocating blue. She closed her eyes, trying to stop herself from freaking out. 

And then she was on the ground, her ass hurting and her head spinning. She was on a cold, glossy floor. She opened her eyes, looking around. There were no annoying aliens, and New York's scenery wasn't even there. She was in a cave, and the flooring she was on was lit up.

What the hell?

She got up to her feet, brushing any remaining dust off her hands. Coughing when she disturbed the dust too harshly. She turned around and froze immediately. 

There were people, clad in crazy fucking clothes. Their weapons were aimed at her, Bows and Arrows, Guns, and crazy-looking boomerangs.

"Who the fuck are you guys?" 

"We could ask you the same thing."

The voice was old, and the person to whom it belonged was a man. Through the process of elimination, she traced the voice to the black-clad man standing with the dumb-looking boomerang. Bat? I swear everybody has a schtick these days! 

She sighed, shaking her head in disappointment at the man's schtick, she put her hands up, "I'm Alexandra Stark, AKA Hellfire." 

Confusion passed over their faces, and she frowned, pulling off her mask. She pointed at her face, "You mean you haven't seen this fabulous face fighting crime around the world? Are you kidding me?"

The man dressed like a bat couldn't believe it, "You take off your mask and fight?"

She nodded, "Of course, how the hell else will they know who is Hellfire, or Iron Man, or freaking Captain America!"

"Now who the hell would agree to be named Captain America?" One of the people standing beside the man dressed like a bat, the one dressed in a red skin-tight suit, said, "That's just an insult in itself."

She didn't have time to laugh at the comment, a man dressed in a skin-tight green suit was asking her a question before she could laugh, "You mean you aren't scared of being arrested? You're a vigilante aren't you?"

She narrowed her eyes, "Who would want to arrest one of the people who's saving the world? Hero is the better term for this job, isn't it?"

The man dressed like a bat cleared his throat, his voice still gruff when he spoke again, "Once again, you don't know us?"

She shook her head, pushing a hand through her hair stressfully, "The only spandex-wearing people I know are the Avengers and even then not all of us wear spandex, we aren't so keen on the skin-tight aspect."