chapter twelve.

❞Jason's dead

❞Jason's dead.❞

✯✯✯

SHE WAS IN JASON'S ROOM, and of course, when she saw the flowers, the chocolates, and the tape she was left to wonder. Did Jason have someone he was crushing on? She had come up stairs to change out of her dirty clothes from baking and clean up, and she had but on the way back down she had seen Jason's room and had entered. And there she was. 

She was on his bed now, sitting with her legs folded. She was thinking about who Jason had bought all of this stuff for. She picked up her phone, dialing the number she was thinking of. Dick. Jason never carried his phone on patrol, "Dick."

"Insulting me right after I pick up the phone?"

"You chose your name," She grumbled, "Anyways, before an argument starts, I want to ask you something."

"Are you finally asking me out on a date?"

She rolled her eyes, "No. Ew. I wanted to ask you if you knew who Jason bought all this stuff for."

"What stuff?"

"The flowers, the caramel chocolates," She listed, frowning as she leaned back, "I'm thinking it's that redhead Rebecca girl he talks about, he's always calling her really late and keeps talking about her red hair, and he flirts with her half the time they're talking!"

Dick snorted and Alex frowned, "Why are you snorting?"

The so-called flirty redheaded Rebecca's real name was Roy Harper, also known as Speedy, who now went by Arsenal, "Nothing, nothing... he - he thinks of Rebecca as a sister figure... I don't think its her."

"Well then who the heck is it?" Alex groaned, "Jason flirts with more girls than he doesn't flirt with, narrowing down the options is basically impossible!"

"Really?" Dick mused, highly amused by the situation. He'd promised Jason (after the younger male had threatened him with his taser/gun) that he wouldn't outright tell Alex that Jason was crushing on her, and/or was planning on confessing to her. 

But he hadn't said that he wouldn't push Alex into situations where she'd realize Jason's dorky crush on her, by herself. Dick grinned to himself, "There's got to be some other clue there Alex, c'mon buck up and search! You're around people who're the world's best detectives!"

"There's a tape?"

He took my advice, "Like a VHS tape?"

"Yeah."

He SERIOUSLY TOOK MY ADVICE, OH MY GOD! "What an ancient guy."

She rolled her eyes, "I'm going to go play the tape, you can continue patrolling."

"You have good timing, Alex," Dick chuckled, "I just found a lowly criminal who dares prey on goddesses."

"I love you Dick, and I love your respect for women but you've really got to be less nerdy about it."