chapter twenty-six.

❞I'm smad

❞I'm smad.❞

*

LONG-STORY SHORT I told them about Red Hood. Dick was the first person I told and he freaked out, he didn't believe it, of course. Not until I told Bruce and we ended up digging Jason's grave up. It was empty, save for a fake skeleton and some dirty skewn about. 

I'm in bed, the entire bat family knows of Red Hood and Jason coming back to life. The rest of the League will be notified after Bruce does his extensive investigation so that when he holds the meeting there isn't one question he doesn't know the answer to. 

However, there will always be one question that he won't have an answer to. Just how the hell did Jason come back to life?

I close my eyes and the first face that comes is Jason's. I open my eyes a second later. 

I can't sleep, and I don't think I want to either. But it's boring just to sit here and it's scary to sit in the dark with only my thoughts to keep me company. I have had enough of my troubling thoughts for the day. So I get up after five minutes of laying there. 

I open the door and walk out, I know my destination. Tim won't be sleeping but if I go in there I will most likely be horrified. I can't go to Bruce, he won't be sleeping either and if I go there he'll be annoyed. Dick is the only option. He'll be sleeping but who cares?

I knock on his door, but there's no answer. So I barge in. 

Dick is passed out on his bed. I walk over to him and poke his cheek, "Dick?"

He doesn't stir. I poke again, "Dickie?"

"Mfwhaht?"

He's not awake yet, he turns away from me. I poke him again, "Dickie?"

He opens his eyes, his blue eyes focus on me. He frowns at me, "What?"

I shake his shoulder, "I need company."

"Ask Wally."

"He's sleeping," I grumble, "That bastard overworked himself and Caitlyn and Barry double-teamed him and took his phone away."

"Then call a hooker."

I pout at him, "That's not too different from calling Wally."

Dick laughs, and I smile, I poke his shoulder again, "C'mon Dick~"

He shifts in bed, giving me space to squeeze in. I slide in, Dick pulls the blanket up to my shoulders. I glance at him, and he's turned to face me, "What should I do?"

"I just want company."

"Will you be happy just sleeping here?"

I smile mischievously at him, "Of course not."

He shakes his head in amusement or vague annoyance. I shuffle towards him and put my arm around his waist. His arm goes over my shoulders. I tuck my face into his shoulder and his head rests on top of mine.