chapter nine.

❞You dumb hunk of handsome alien genetics

❞You dumb hunk of handsome alien genetics.❞

✯✯✯

THE GALA WAS STILL going on when she arrived, the rest of the team was socializing, the way they had been when she'd left. She was a little tired and a little roughed up, but she'd made sure to clean her face and hide any bruises forming under her clothes and makeup. 

Connor was the one she first met, "Is AC/DC a good band, or not?"

She looked up at him, confused and surprised, "What?"

"West and Grayson were having an argument about whether or not AC/DC is a good band after watching your fight," Connor responded, looking at her without any change in his expression, "So... I was wondering if it was..."

She blinked, Connor Kent was an innocent little butterfly with the potential of great violence when pissed off. Right now, in Alex's eyes, he was an adorable little child who knew nothing of rock bands, "Well... how about I introduce the band to you, and then... then you decide yourself?"

Connor took a moment, considering her words, then nodded, "Alright, thank you, Alex."

She grinned, despite her jaw paining from a hidden bruise. Connor's adorableness warranted it, "Anytime, Kal."

Connor glanced at her once again due to the use of his Kryptonian name but said nothing, he didn't need to because Alex caught the ends of his lips flicking up, just a little. He stayed by her side, asking her about the mini-mission she'd been on, saying that he'd arrived late to the viewing of her mission and had left early, on request of M'gann who'd wanted to dance with him.

She saw a glimpse of familiar red hair, Wally West, twirling on the floor with someone. She couldn't see who, a rather tall woman was blocking her view, "Hey, Kal, can you see who Wally's dancing with?"

Connor glanced at her, and then toward where she was pointing. He narrowed his eyes at the view and then turned back to her, "I don't know who it is, all I know is that the person is female and has many broken and healed bones."

"I forgot you have X-ray vision," She face-palmed, shaking her head, "We'll just have to wait for the person to show themsel — oh my fucking god."

Connor raised his eyebrows at the woman Wally was dancing with while Alex couldn't keep her mouth shut. He pushed her mouth closed, "I've been told that doing this in public places is unhygienic."

She slapped his arm, "Dude! Wally West is fucking dancing with Artemis Crock! They're always at each other's throats! And now they're dancing together?"