chapter eleven.

❞Don't stay up too late, kiddo

❞Don't stay up too late, kiddo.❞

(a/n :- mentions of death, torture)

✵✵✵✵

EVERYTHING WAS THERE, he'd gone around Gotham searching for all that he needed. Jason Todd wasn't one for regrets, and he wasn't one for waiting. So that is why he'd decided to confess to Alex, no matter the fact that he had only realized his crush on her a month ago, he needed her to know. 

Because the way his heart sped up when he saw her, and how he always felt he was making an ass of himself in front of her, were both motivating him to confess to her. 

The flowers were picked out, red chrysanthemums. He'd searched for two hours, talking with the flower shop owner, asking for the flowers with the proper meaning. Red chrysanthemums meant 'I love you'.

It was a risky confession, but he had to do it. No other flowers made sense. 

He'd made a video as well because he didn't trust himself to speak in front of Alex. He'd bought a packet of chocolates, caramel filled inside each of the chocolates. Now all there was left, was delivering the flowers, the chocolates, and the tape to Alex and then running away to watch from a safe distance.

"JASON!"

He stumbled, throwing the tape on his bed, "COMING!"

He looked back at the things on his bed, it's fine, Alex won't see it. He left his room, leaving those things on his bed. He ran out of his room and down the stairs. Bruce was waiting for him in the living room, Dick was somewhere in the manor, humming to some Mamma Mia song. 

"Jason, your assignment for patrol today."

Jason pouted, "But I thought we could take it easy tonight."

"Yeah, we can," Bruce sighed, "But Commissioner Gordon wants one of us to just patrol Arkham Asylum, it's just a routine walk-through. Dick's going to be patrolling near the factory that Harley Quinn blew up three weeks ago and I'll be taking the normal patrol pattern."

Jason tilted his head, "What about Alex?"

"Well, it depends on you," Bruce said, looking a little amused. Jason glared and Bruce put his hands up, "Sorry, was I not supposed to know that my younger son has been running around Gotham buying flowers and chocolates, and not assume that it's for Alex?"

Jason glared, "Will you answer my question properly and stop being embarrassing?"

"If you want company on your patrol of Arkham then Alex will be called in," Bruce said, "You can take Dick or Alex with you, otherwise Alex will be braving the kitchen tonight with Alfred."

Jason thought it over, and Bruce raised an eyebrow, "Let me remind you if you take Alex and decide to give her all the things you bought, don't give them to her in Arkham, please."