chapter twenty-one.

❞You're like me

❞You're like me.❞

✯✯✯

I AM IN A STATE OF CONSTANT HUGS for at least ten minutes until they finally end. Natasha has cried, she doesn't hide her red eyes but I'm sure if someone mentions it she will sock them in the throat. Clint is grinning from ear to ear, Steve is smiling as well in his broody little way. Thorn is still crying, loud. Like able to break the sound barrier type of loud, that softie.

I see the new people, but I can't ask. Not without a lead, so I turn to Bruce, "How'd you find them? I mean, did they just sort of fall into your hands — like how Dick and Tim did?"

Bruce sighed, "I am not going to defend myself... you're not going to care either way,"

I nod, he knows me well, and he continues, "The vortex opened up in the middle of crime alley, and we saw them. Some of them are with Oliver, in particular the more civilian ones out of the group."

"Civilian ones?"

"Pepper and Happy are here as well, Alex," Dad says, and I feel a smile threatening to take my face, "And Barton's family."

"Oh, you introduced the kids to them?"

Steve rounds on me, "You knew about that?"

I frown, "Duh? I was a candidate for the youngest one's godmother until Nat stole it by wooing Clint through bribes."

Bruce clears his throat and we turn to him, "As I was saying... I checked the Justice League files, the way we did when Alex came in, all of you are members of the League here... Barry is going to swing by along with the rest of the league to... to figure out what happened... Oliver will leave the civilian ones back at his mansion, probably with Felicity."

"Nice."

"We'll also do the Justice League introductions then," Bruce continues, "Other than that... there's nothing, we'll get more information on the way the universe is reacting to the change in another hour or so... so currently the basic thing is that all of you will be staying here in the Manor or staying at Oliver's mansion."

Thor quirks an eyebrow, "Are all of you rich in this universe?"

I shake my head, "Nah Thor, it's only these dumb billionaires."

Natasha has been talking to Dad in whispers while I converse with the others. I don't know what they're talking about and I'm tempted to use my powers to listen in until they stop talking and Dad is looking around at us. 

Dick pats my shoulder, "How about you take some time with them and we'll clean up before the League shows up."

"Yes, we wouldn't want them to know that Bats is a sucker for nerf."

Bruce glares at Tim but I grin at the boy, he is picking up my sense of humor quickly and I love him for it. I nod at Dick and then the three members of the bat family are ushering me and everyone else upstairs.