chapter three.

❞I love you, dad

❞I love you, dad.❞

✵✵✵✵

SHE WAS SITTING IN THE weird room, with her legs on the table and her hands behind her head, providing a little cushioning. Bruce and Oliver had gone to get some of the other members of the League to introduce them all. She had only talked with the lady in metal, the one they called Diana, the Flash (Barry Allen), and Oliver and Bruce. 

She was watching her profile on the hologram, her codename was different in this universe. Nightmare. Alex didn't know why her name was Nightmare but she didn't care. It was a cool-ass name and no one was going to dare mess with her.

There was nothing to do, other than wait, so Alex decided to use her glasses to the best of their abilities. The best of their abilities included hacking deeper into the system, against Bruce's clear instructions to not hack any further. 

The hacking part was pretty easy, she had accessed all the files within twenty minutes of Oliver and Bruce leaving. Now, all there was left was to choose which file tempted her most. 

What about my legal guardian's file? She grinned, her eye going to the file icon displayed on her glasses, Let's see what skeletons you're hiding in your closet Bats.

She knew his secret identity, most of the documents in the files were about his numerous multimillionaire deals and his charity work. His donations to orphanages around Gotham. And then her eyes fell on a document, Adoption Certificate.

She raised an eyebrow.

This certificate is to show that Richard Grayson is now under the care of Bruce Wayne. All matters relating to the child will be handled by Mr. Wayne.

Richard Grayson is the ward of Bruce Wayne.

She left Bruce's file, instead searching for this guy, Richard's file. She found it soon enough, she scoffed when she read the first line on his Justice League profile, "Who the hell would actively want to be called Dick?"

Richard Grayson was the first Robin, the sidekick of Batman who was always dressed in bright red and green with yellow tights. He was also the first boy that Bruce had adopted. Dick had stopped being Robin after 6 years of serving under the mantle of Robin. He'd taken off for a year, and when he'd returned he'd come back with the name Nightwing. He was in his last year of high school, turning 19 the next year. 

Richard Grayson's mantle as Robin has now been uptaken by his adopted brother, Jason Todd.

Now, who is Jason Todd? She searched for the new name, and the information bubbled up readily. Jason Todd's mother had died due to an overdose and he'd been living on the streets for two years after her death. He had fled from the orphanage that the state had assigned him to. He'd been picked up by Bruce after Jason tried to steal the wheels off of his Porsche. And the rest was history, Jason's life changed overnight. He was now 17, one year younger than Dick, but with a childhood so completely different.