chapter four.

❞Shit

❞Shit.❞

✵✵✵✵

IT WAS HER FIRST DAY with the Young Justice team, she'd become friends with Dick and Jason, mainly because of Dick's friendly nature and Jason's quick temper. Nightwing was fond of the girl, maybe because of her sarcastic nature that pissed Batman off or her sarcastic nature that pissed Jason off. Jason just got pissed off, but he enjoyed throwing around comments with Alex and that was that. 

A blonde in a black skintight suit entered the room. The team members got up and she raised an eyebrow, she stumbled after them no doubt. Jason smirked at her from behind his domino mask and she was tempted to poke him in his side, especially since she'd come to know that Jason was ticklish and when he was tickled he'd squeal like a little girl in front of cute bunnies.

The woman standing in front of them cleared her throat, "Good morning, for those of you who don't know me, I'm the Black Canary, and I'm here to train you all in hand-to-hand combat today "

She leaned closer to Jason, whispering from the corner of her mouth, "Today's a good day to die, Jay, promise me that you'll move on."

He snickered under his breath, "Shouldn't be that hard, all I have to do is walk, right?"

She glared at him, starting to reach for his abdomen, ready to tickle when - "Alex is going first."

"What?" Alex's head snapped over to the Black Canary, "Du - I mean, ma'a - Black Canary, why me?"

"Because you're the new hero," She answered, "It'd be best for us to get a grip on your abilities, and for your team members to know your abilities as well."

"So you mean in all classes that the team is going to go through," Alex started, pinching the bridge of her nose. She wasn't wearing her mask, her domino mask was in her room at Wayne manor being retrofitted with a copy of her AI specs, "I'm going to go first each time?"

"Yes."

Despair. Black Canary clapped her hands together, "Come on Nightmare, let's get started!"

Alex smiled back nervously, getting to the mat. Sure she had spared with Natasha Romanoff, a badass assassin who didn't take your shit... but Black Canary she didn't know personally. She didn't know what makes the woman tick or what would help her have an advantage over the trained woman.

Alex sighed, I'm about to get fucking killed and dad isn't even here, great fucking luck Alex.

"Come at me." Black Canary ordered. 

Alex cocked her head to the side in confusion before shrugging. Going at the trained woman running most probably wasn't a good idea. Something that Alex was about to learn. And boy she did. She was flipped in the air, her back touching The ground as the air was expelled out of her lungs.