prologue.

❞𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐋 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐔𝐀𝐆𝐄?❞

✵✵✵✵

ALEXANDRA STARK WAS THE DAUGHTER OF ANTHONY EDWARD STARK AND MARION LORE STELLAR, her father always told her that her mother loved her very much and that her mother, hadn't been ready to take care of her. Marion Stellar wasn't one for attachments, not because they were bad but because she thought of herself as the problem. All because of her powers, the same powers that Alex inherited from her mother. 

Those powers were the only reason that Marion Stellar and Tony Stark stayed nothing more than one-night stands to one another. 

Alex Stark had for sure inherited her father's wit and his genius. But, she had received her hair and her eyes from her mother. The raven hair and the blue eyes made her very beautiful. Her father had also given her, her habits. they nervous ones or normal ones.

Alexandra Stark had always believed that family was by far the highest virtue. She thought that her family was only limited to her father, his girlfriend, Pepper Potts, and Happy Hogan. And not to mention JARVIS but, when her father was asked to be a part of a team of superheroes she found her family increased in size. She'd been allowed by him to hang out around SHIELD, long before he'd been offered the superhero gig full-time, hence her familiarity with a few faces in the team (namely Natasha Romanoff and Clint Barton). 

Though the team was still finding their grippings around each other, they were close. 

She felt thankful that she could fight alongside them.

"Fuck!"

Ok, maybe not that much. But to be fair, her annoyance with aliens far outweighed her love for her family. The ugly faces of the aliens and the constant screaming and maiming definitely stressed her out.

She didn't have a weapon, she didn't carry any; much to her father's chagrin. Her powers let her be free of the need for weapons, she could conjure anything she wanted after all. She punched the alien in the face, "Die motherfucker!"

"Will you control your language?"

She turned her gaze towards the redhead who fought a few steps away from her, she grinned, "Since when were you one for language, Aunt Nat?"

"Ever since Pepper and Tony chewed me out for teaching you those words," Nat shouted back, dodging a punch from an alien. She aimed her gun at the alien in front of her, "I have no need or want to hear their lecture again."

"Yeah, I heard about it," Clint chimed in, he was on a rooftop shooting at the aliens in the air, "It did not sound good."

She chuckled, kicking an alien in the face as she tried to get some distance between her and it. The alien followed her and she grinned wider, that's it, the green flames were dancing around her immediately. She fit her superhero name down to perfection, Hellfire.

She continued, her hands cutting through the air with grace. She was guiding the green flames, letting them spread down the road. Covering the cars and the orange fires blazing among the destruction. Natasha drifted from her, and the fight deepened. 

Alex's eyes were green, she leaned back, her hands in the air. And when she dropped her hands the green exploded. The aliens were pulled apart and she relaxed finally. Until the green fire suddenly faltered. 

She froze, the sky above her was blue. Different than the color of the sky. It was brighter, more powerful. She felt a tug at her navel and her eyes trailed toward her hands. She was transparent or beginning to be transparent. Her hand was fading, it was as if she was made of sand grains that were getting pulled into the vortex in the sky. 

And just like that, in a single moment, Alexandra Stark, daughter of Marion Stellar and Anthony Stark ceased to exist.

(a/n ; I've begun editing the book properly, I'll start updating regularly from April but the updates till then will be irregular heh. I hope you guys enjoy the new edits~!)