Chapter 18: The lamb

"Fuck" you muttered quietly to yourself as you stumbled against the brush and the knee high ferns of the forest, the sound of rustling and crunching as your feet stepped aimlessly against the dry leaves beneath you. You had no idea what you were in for, let alone giving a direct task to do other then.. Survive? What was this? Some kind of sick thing that those people or THINGS are planning as the time ticks away the possible ticks to your last breath.

You swallowed your silaiva harshly before bringing yourself to come to the little sense you had, "Wait.. What even is the time?" You muttered quietly before slowly starting to reach for your phone in your pocket only to be cut up by a piercing scream from someone, 'Shit, that means I am not the only one here'

By which brought you to reality, whoever or whatever is happening in this forest. Time wasn't important by this point, your life was on the line but you didn't want it to come to that as you spastically looked for a weapon or at least something to distract the killer or killers responsible for the continuing screams of agony you heard in the echo of the forestation. Hissing as you accidently cut yourself against a sharped edged thing sticking out of the ground. A knife? Hidden? How did anyone know there were things like this just sprawled out carelessly, grabbing it after taring off a piece of fabric from your clothes to tighten around your hand to stop the potential blood dripping onto the leaves below you. After the little blood that had already dropped from the slit on the palm of your hand, now you have a weapon.. But that leaves you to another question as you ponder on things to survive, whos knife is this?

Your head snapped from side to side, franticly looking from tree to tree then towards the top of the trees, nothing but the sound of rustling and the howling of the wind as its cold air whistled through the branches, leaves and bristle. The biterness of the coldness numbed your hands and face to a light blush pigment on the skin.

"No one? Even after the scre-" you were cut off by the sound of a snapping twig from your left side before you gripped the knife handle ignoring the sting of the open wound covered by the fabric you used as a bandage.

No one seemed to be present however its noticable now that there are no animals what so ever. No birds chirping, no nothing. So who was it?

Your body jolted forward as you heard a sound of what sounded like three pairs of footsteps running towards you, "Fuck I'm next" you cursed out as you pushed your weight forward causing you to pick up in speed, hopping over rocks and running through little rivers, its almost as if adrenalin kicked in even though your lungs were screaming for a brake the sound of the running footsteps was still there as your heart beated rapidly out of fear. Who is chasing after you though? A group of creatures like that pale thing from earlier or was it other threats other then that of a regular human? Swearing you haven't did parcore at all in your life could have fooled anyone of the sort. Of course if you even so much as dare to look back you would slow down and if not just that run into something like a boulder or off a cliff, so much possibilities could be around in a forest that you had no history or knowledge about what so ever and that included the layout and feel. Of course, this was an eary place on its own but to know there are threats and other people here doing whatever this was it was surely another downside and by any means a weekness through volnerability that screams out that this may be harder to lose.

You caved in soon and looked behind you as you were running head on seeing what looked to be a figure running after you. Making out a white masked figure with a hoodie and jeans? The hell is this? A murderer?!?!

Out of attempt to lose them you ran off into the forest and found a cave within it, practically gasping and coughing for air as you held your chest.