Chapter 17: The Risk

You looked at the tall man before you as his nonfeatureless face looked back at you. Tilting your head to the side as you tried to piece together everything happening before you, surely this was in your head and none of this was real. Right? You were snapped out of your thoughts with the tall man made a cleared throat sound. Wait, he has no mouth how can he even do that without a mouth.

"So (Y/N), are you ready to go?" The voice echoed in your head.

You tensed up, HOW did HE know your name?! Never speaking out your name to this man caused you think about more things such as the popular thought of 'is he stalking me?'

"Wait.. How do you know my name to begin with?" You started as you swallowed the pocket of air stuck in the back of your throat from nervousness, "I never told you my name and even though I know your name doesn't mean that I actually know you physically. I know your origin but... Everyone notified you as a myth"

"I know the names of all of my children" he stated causing you to raise an eyebrow and tilt your head, "I assure you however it seems like I am a myth I most certainly am not"

Stumbling for words to form out of your mouth or even read out in your head you started to freak out for a multitude of reasons. Were you going insane? Was this another illusion? Is this tall faceless man really Slenderman? You were brough back to reality by the sound of static in your ears by which caused you to look at Slenderman yet again after your mind and eyes looked elsewhere.

"What do you mean by 'your' children?" You asked more confused then anything.

"Surely you met some of them? They notified me as boss I am sure"

You tensed up as well as swallowed a bit of saliva that was lingering in your mouth, such a pickle you were in for sure. You forgot about this tall man mentioning about it before do to your mind racing on and on in a spiral of confusion, and panic. The sound of your heart pounding could be heard in your ears as adrenaline was practically begging you to run from this man as you felt like you were somehow a target.. Or something else? You started to move in a running stance until you felt both your right leg and left arm get constricted a bit by something unknown before you brought yourself to look over to what was constricting them in the first place. Black looking.. Tentacles?!?! Protruding from the mans back? But how?! Your breathing quickened in the form of a panic attack. "Child I would like it more if you don't run off" He replied in your head causing you to flinch, "How do I know that you won't kill me?" You finally brought yourself to say as you continued to panic.

"Kill you? My dear if I wanted to do that I would have done it already" He stated simply in a soothing tone. Weird, how could that soothing tone calm you down so quickly?

You stopped trying to run as you turned to him, "Where are you going to bring me to?" You ask

"So much questions yet so little time to explain everything. As of the moment nowhere until you complete a few tasks, that being surviving trails in this forest of change. Doing your best to keep your head on your shoulders. Maybe even survival in the wild, you can notify them as tests of sorts to become a proxy of one of my pupils if you will. I will be watching you as you do all of these tests along with a few others" He said. You looked to the side as you heard a few twigs snap around you, "Yeah bu-" you cut yourself off as you looked back to where the tall man was only to see no one was there anymore.

"Oh before I forget, feel free to kill people if you need to survive. Being someone who had snapped and killed a few people yourself it shouldn't be hard" his voice was everywhere in the forest as he said this almost as if you weren't the only person doing the tests.

(To be continued....)