A Protector's History

Long Chapter! Sorry or not. (NONE of the art is mine but credit to the artists)

Word Count: 1918

Jean's POV

I stared at the blazing flames of the fire, that's burning the bodies of the dead. I was scared and sad of the power that titans had over us and that we couldn't find Marco. Everyone thinks that he was eaten or crushed. I would to but I have this small feeling that he's still out there somewhere lost and alone, looking for help but no ones there but the feeling was slowly fading away with everybody we burn.

My only regret was...

That I...

Didn't get to tell him...

My feelings for him...

And now he's gone...

Haruto's POV

After introductions we started up a bone fire it lasted a few hours and now was dyeing making it time for everyone to get some rest.

"Alright everyone it's been a long day, longer for some of us. So it's time for everyone to mosey on down to bed." Once I finished Ena and Fudo groaned, not wanting to sleep. Arakan then through Fudo over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

"Ahh! Arakan! Put me down, I'm not some doll you can pick up when ever you want! Hey stop laughing at me!" He shouted/wined as everyone else chuckled at his misery. Ena then stood up walking away but not before shouting.

"Goodnight hobo's see you in the mourning!" We all chuckled/giggled as she skipped away. I then stood up turning to Marco while holding my hand out to him.

"Come on you will be sleeping in my hut until we build you one. Now come, come." I stated waving my hand to get him up. He grabbed my hand an I hoisted him up, I guess he wasn't expecting my to lift him up so easily that he almost fell.

"Gees how strong are you?" He asked in a joking tone. I giggled slightly and patted his shoulder.

"Well I can tell you a few things about us if you like." I suggested seeing that he might be staying with us.

"Yay that would sound nice to know a few things." He said. Before we left the main platform I put out the fire with some water. We then started making our way to the direction of the huts. I then begun speaking.

"We use to live in a town just outside of the walls, not to far but just enough to not be noticed be the people inside. We live peacefully in our quiet town, we had animals, crops, and resources to, not just survive but to thrive as well." I told him as we continued walking.

"Wait if you lived outside of the walls. How did you handle the titans?" He asked with a questioning look on his face. I just smiled at him.

"Let my continue Marco all your questions will be answered."

Flashback 3rd POV

It was year 843, 2 years before the fall of Wall Maria. Just outside the walls there was a small town called Roselake, in this town there were 4 people running to training. 2 being the age of 16, one at 15, and the youngest at 14. Their names where Haruto, Arakan, Ena, and Fudo. These were the chosen 4 of the Kuraiman's to be given the protectors. These people ran because today was the day that they would get their protector powers.