Given Power

Word Count: 1684

Year 843 Flashback 3rd POV 

Once the vison ended the light faded away. Fudo, Arakan and Ena were all shaking in their shoes wanting their power and to protect Roselake themselves. Unlike Haruto who wore a confused look on her face. Yoko then noticed the look on her daughters face.

"What's wrong sweetie?" Yoko asked her becoming concerned, gaining the attention of everyone making them look at her. Haruto then looked at everyone, all waiting for her to respond.

"There are 5 different titans and yet only 4 are being given to us. So who gets the 5th ability?" Haruto asked making the other 3 teens become confused. Yes there was 5 different abilities but only 4 people to give them to. Yoko smiled at her daughter and turned to her friends, nodding to Shin, who then walked off. Yoko then turned to the soon to be Protectors.

"Everything is going according to schedule. No need to worry my dears." She said as Shin came back with a medium and small black boxes.

"Yes there is only 4 of you and 5 abilities. The 5th ability shall be given to you all to find someone that is worth being the Size Titan."  Miyo said, holding out the smaller black box to us. Haruto then carefully took the box out of her hand and opened it. Inside was a syringe labeled 'Size' the color of the liquid inside the syringe was a sliver with a bluish tint. Unlike the other injections the Marleyan's used, this one was mixed with Ronin's spinal fluid. With that mixture no one would turn into a brainless titan and no one would be eaten.

"You guys are trusting us teens with such a important responsibility?" Ena asked speaking for all the teens as they looked away from the syringe. They all look at the adults concerned to have this task given to them. All they did was smiled at them to ease their worries.

"We trust you because we all know that together you'll choose the right person." Shin said as he approached the group. Ronin then clapped his gaining everyone's.

"Now that's enough banter. Time to give you all you titans." After he said that Shin opened the bigger black box, showing 4 syringes. They all had different labels as in 'Hardening', 'Control', 'Speed', and 'Animal'. All of them had the same bluish tint as the 'Size' syringe. Each one of the adults grabbed one of the vials. Shin got the 'Speed', Ume the 'Control', Miyo the 'Animal' and Haruto's mother got 'Hardening'. 

"Alright now we each are going to take the person we each picked to be are titans away from the others. Then is when you will be given your power." Ume said, walking away with Ena. Arakan was approached by Miyo, Shin then took Fudo away. Arakan glanced at Fudo worried for his safety, while looked back with a little fear in his eyes. Arakan then just smiled to calm Fudo until he couldn't see him any more. 

Once the other three were out of sight Yoko and Ronin turned and looked over to Haruto. Haruto began to become nervous for the serious looks on their faces.

"Now I know that the only titan that is left is the Hardening Titan but with this power you must become a leader to the others as I did." Yoko spoke sternly to her daughter with Ronin nodding behind her. 

"Once you find a suiter for my titan, they will help you as a leader as well. They will be at your side helping through anything." Ronin added trying to ease the young girl. 

"Do you accept the responsibility of a leader?" they both ask the 16-year-old. Haruto looked down processing what the older protectors said. She then looked up at them with determination written over her face.

"I accept the responsibility of the Hardening Titan." Haruto said sternly, eyes locking with her mothers.

"Very well then we shall begin." Yoko said now standing right in front of Haruto, pulling out the syringe. As she began to raise it to Haruto's nape of her neck, Ronin stepped away giving them space. Then Yoko injected the mixture of hers and titan spinal fluid into her daughter, then quickly stepped away. Yellow lighting started to come out of Haruto as muscles surrounded her. She then grew up to 18 meters tall and let out a victorious roar, just after she finished 3 other roars were heard calling their leader.