Expedition

Word Count: 827

Marco's POV

I have been with Haruto and the others for a month now. I have learned how to use their 'Air Gear', excepted to power of the Size Titan and learned how to control it slightly. Fudo has finally opened up to me and Arakan has become less aggressive to me.

But enough about that, today's a special day. Today the Scouts are doing their 57th expedition outside the walls. The reason we know this is because Haruto snuck into the walls as a scout. She wants us to watch over the expedition because she thinks that Annie, Berthold or Reiner could make a move to get Eren. They say that Eren has 2 titan powers in him, one being the Attack, the other the Founding. 

We all are going to be in different places when the expedition happens. Fudo and Ena will be hiding in normal titan groups in the open areas, Arakan will be around the perimeter of the Giant Forest. While Haruto and I are going to be in the forest. Haruto wants me with her because I don't know how to control my powers and could go berserk, like Eren did. 

The one thing we didn't have to worry about is communication. Since we all have a Protector power we can communicate through our minds. Let me tell you that it freaked me out the first time we tried it. 

"Hey Marco, it's almost time to go." Haruto said, handing me a black cloak. They were the same size as the scouts cloaks, but the design was different on the back. 

(On the Black cloak it's white)

"Ok, but...um what does this symbol mean." I asked her, wanting to know where it came from.

"It's Roselake's symbol, See how half the tree is fully grown and the other dead ,Its meaning is 'Rebirth' or a new hope." She said, staring at cloak in my hands with a look I couldn't describe. She then shook her head and put her gear on.

"Come on we don't have much time before the Scouts will reach the forest." After she said that, I put on my cloak and gear, making sure it wouldn't come off. I was a little nervous about seeing some of my friends again, but I was more nervous to see Annie, Berthold or Reiner. I shivered at the though of them.

"CLOAK!!" Haruto shouted up to the trees. Just a few seconds later, a wall of greenery fell, hanging from the trees. More began to fall, then I realized that they were covering the tree base. Then Fudo, Arakan and Ena jumped down from the trees standing in front of us.

"Alright let's go over the plan again. Ena and Fudo will be in the open areas in their titan form, walking along the pure titans. Arakan you will cover the perimeter of the forest, and me and Marco will be in the forest. Now if any of you see a shifter, link everyone: Who they are, what titan, where they are, and where they are heading. If you see any Scouts near the shifter protect them, but try not to show who you are, or get caught. Got it." She finished.

"Got it!" Everyone replied including me. The other 3 then ran to the edge of the platform, and jumped. Next, there was 3 yellow-orange lighting bolts, hitting the ground. Standing right in front of me and Haruto was three tall titans. I stood in shock see actual titans forming in front of me, Haruto just smiled at the look on my face. We watched as their titan forms ran away from the tree base. Haruto then tapped my shoulder, making look at her.

"Come on let's go." She then jumped off the platform as well, but se then activated her gear, instead of transforming, I then follow her with my gear.

"Hey, why didn't you shift?" I asked as we swung around the trees. She looked at me and smiled.

"I won't change until if fully necessary. We don't want to show all our weapons do we?" She said. I then understood why she didn't transform. 

"What does that make me, am I just another weapon?" I asked. She then stopped on a high tree branch, looking out to the more open area. 

"For now both of us are weapons, but not brainless just for other people to use. We each have our own opinions, personality, and feelings. We are weapons of our own use, and ability, that no one but us can use." She said, not taking her eyes off of what's in front of her. She then smiled still looking ahead, I then turned to where she was looking...and there it was. Just what she had told us to look for.

Green flares.

The Expedition had begun...