Chapter Fifteen Part One

Recap ..

I wrapped my legs around his waist so I straddling him, winding my arms around his neck and playing with the hairs at the nape of his neck. I kissed back furiously, his tongue colliding with mine, earning a small moan from me. He smirked, his lips still pressed against mine, before he pulled back, and leaned in for one quick peck before saying,

"I'm still in love with you."

 Video: Troublemaker By Olly Murs Feat. Flo Rida. I personally love Olly Murs and this song. So, listen to it. :) 

Chapter Fifteen (Part One)

My eyes widened at his last words, and I felt like I had just been punched in the gut. Louis couldn't still love me, he broke up with me and moved on - even though I loved him. Key word, the past tense of love, being a clue.

"Louis," I said, gently placing my hands on his chest that was covered by a maroon t-shirt with an eiffel tower on the bottom left, "I-I I'm sorry."

"Sorry?" He asked, laughing slightly, "For what?"

I took a deep breath, "I can't say the same."

He looked at me as if I had grown three heads. "But - you kissed back. Victoria that has to mean something."

I shook my head. "I guess I was just caught up in the moment."

He pushed me off his lap, effectively placing me on the seat beside him before he opened up the truck door and climbed out. Before he closed the door, he turned to look at me - his eyes were glazed over with sadness. "I guess I know what Karma feels like now." He said, and then he slammed the door. I watched him walk off into the distance of the trees, tears welling in my eyes. I searched blindly for my phone before I finally found the stupid piece of metal, and I hit speed dial number 2 - Ava's number.

"Hello?"

"Ava," I cried, tears streaming down my face, "It's Louis."

"What? Has something happened to him!?" She exclaimed frantically into the phone.

"H-He told me he loved me, and I told him I didn't love him back a-"

"How could you be such an idiot!?"

"What?" I hiccuped, wiping away some tears on my left cheek.

"You obviously love him back!"

I shook my head, "I can't love a jerk."

"He's not a jerk when it comes to you. He's still in love with you for crying out loud!"

"If he was so 'in love with me' he wouldn't have broken up with me the first time and then gone off to find another bird." I explained, tears of anger were now flowing down my cheeks and into my lap.

"Haven't you ever heard the term, 'forgive and forget'? Face it Victoria - you love him back." Ava said in a 'duh' voice as if it was plainly written out for me.

I bit my lip, trying to hold back what had just surfaced to the top of my brain - but I couldn't hold back anymore and rubbed my left temple with my free hand. "Forrest is here." I blurted out, glancing around my surroundings.

"That's funny! I thought you said that - Wait what!?" She cried into the phone, "What do you mean he's here?"

"Like, here in New Castle."

"And where are you now?"

"In your truck that has no gasoline, stranded in the middle of the forrest somewhere." I explained calmly, twirling a piece of my straightened blonde hair around the tip of my index finger.