Chapter Twenty-One

LAST CHAPTER OF HE WASN'T A JERK BEFORE. THERE WILL BE A THIRD BOOK, BUT I'M NOT SURE OF THE NAME YET.

I made most of this chapter in Chicago because I do live in Chicago.

Recap ..

His hands tightened on my hips and his blue eyes started to become fierce in a playful way. I sighed. I was dealing with so many emotions now. I knew what I needed to do. It was just three simple words...with a lot of meaning behind them. I took in a deep breath and let it out.

";Tell me on the count of three then," Louis spoke softly, his right hand trailing up from my hip to cup my cheek which made me look at him, "One...Two...Three.."

"I love you."

~*~

Chapter Twenty-One

I covered my hand with my mouth, my eyes growing wide. My face flushed with color and I tried to get away from Louis' hold. I struggled against his grasp and I groaned when I noticed it was useless.

"Louis," I mumbled, trying to take his hand off my waist, "Let me go."

I felt him take his hand off my waist and step back a little, giving me some space. Good, now I could make a quick dash out of here.

But, for some reason I stayed seated on my bed, looking at Louis. I guess I was expecting an answer back - but it looked like I wasn't going to get one any time soon. I dropped my head so all I could see was the cheap motel carpet that was below my feet, letting my blonde hair fall around me like a waterfall.

"Hey," Louis' voice said, and I felt his finger on my chin, making me look up at him.

I could feel the rejection coming. I knew I shouldn't have told him I loved him. I just knew it was a stupid idea. I could hear the words of rejection in my head, bracing myself for what Louis was going to tell me. 

Get on with it. I pleaded silently to myself.

"I love you too Vic," He paused and I looked up at him. "I never stopped loving you." 

And then he kissed me. It was sweet, short and simple. A peck on the lips that I barely felt and closed my eyes for. He backed away, a smile planted on his lips.

"That wasn't even a kiss!" I gaped at him, my mouth falling open the slightest bit. 

"Yes it was," He said, laying down on his bed. "You felt it, yeah?"

"Louis," I groaned slightly pouting. "That's not fair." 

"It is to me," He paused, giving me is signature smirk, "You kept me wanting more but not confessing your love babe, so now you'll have to want more."

I huffed. "But I do!"

He shrugged, pulling the covers up and over him. "Oh well." And then he turned around so his back was facing me, and I was left in silence. I let my fingers dance across my lips where he kissed me. I could faintly feel his lips on mine - and I missed his touch. I didn't want to push tonight any further, so I laid down on my own bed and mimicked how Louis was. 

Tomorrow we'd figure this out. Because, I really did love Louis. 

~*~

The song 'Hey Soul Sister' by Train was my soundtrack of the morning.

I woke up, stretched my hands over my head and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. It felt completely different to be waking up in the Chicago time zone. I laid in bed for a minutes before I heard the shower turn on and Louis' singing coming through the closed door of the hotel bathroom. I sat up, listening closely to the song - confirming my suspicions that it was a Train song.