•Chapter 12•

It's been three days since I've last seen Greyson. Three days as I busied myself with his pack's training. Which by the way is going amazing. His pack are such fast learners and got extremely strong wolves.

It fascinated me.

But Greyson was away. I can feel his distance. And it was literally distressing to me, physically and mentally. You're never the same after you find your mate. It's a known rule. And his absence without warning me angered me.

I felt drained. Sad. Sleepless.

How far away can he be?

I started walking back to the mansion. I was about to go inside when a voice cut me off.

"I know what you're eyes are really on, rogue."

I turned. The blondie from the other day. Laura.

"It's Cassandra. " I turned to her, forcing a small smile. She rolled her eyes, stepping forward towards me.

"You're here for Greyson, aren't you? You're not the first girl around here to want him this way. And in case no one told you, thought I'd clear something up for you." Her blue eyes were hard. Annoyed.

I knew where this was going. "I know he's incredibly handsome. Hell, he might be the most gorgeous man to ever exist. But he's mine. And you might very.. good looking, but that doesn't mean you can go around wanting what's not yours."

I furrowed my eyebrows. She went on.

"You've been sticking to him ever since you stepped a foot inside this goddamn place, and I'm not allowing a suspicious filthy rogue like you to interfere between him and I." She spoke.

I wanted to laugh, scream at her, maybe even slap her pretty face.

He's literally my mate.

"Are you two mates?" I asked her, knowing it will only further her annoyance. I could have told her Greyson in fact hates me. I could have told her I'm nothing more than a mate he doesn't want to accept. But I couldn't.

"Greyson doesn't have a mate. And years ago mine died the day I met him. We might not be mates but I promise you, we still belong with each other." She said. I sighed.

My wolf was begging to be released to lash out on her. But I wasn't going to let her detect any jealousy. It would only further her weird obsession.

"Well, I don't think it's very smart to go around embarrassing yourself this way in front of strangers." I took a step past her. "I'm not here for Greyson, Laura."

"I'm not done speaking with you!" She called from behind me.

"I am."

I made my way upstairs, back to my room, feeling the tiredness holding me down again. When was he coming back? I couldn't help missing his presence. Terribly missing his presence.

I couldn't stop worrying every night if he was okay. He's an Alpha King, I'm sure he can always handle himself on his own. But I had a very hard time convincing myself not to worry.

Someone knocked on the room's door. I turned away from the window.

"Come in."