•Chapter 15•

It took almost exactly 24 hours to regain my magic and my strengths back. Well, 24 hours after I woke up from a full day of sleep. So technically two days.

Greyson had a few items that belonged to the rogues who were held hostage, and with that information, I managed to create a locator spell by using a few some of these items. And after I mapped out the location and calculated the safest path to travel through, Greyson and I agreed it was time to get going.

"How about these?"

I turned to Grayson, seeing him holding a few silver sticks with sharp edges.

"I'm sure that would be helpful too." I replied with a nod. "I think we got everything we need now."

I took one last glance around the room. We were in his mansion's dungeon, which was literally filled with all sorts of weapons against any supernatural creature that you could think about.

"Hey," I heard him say, so I turned around to see him standing right behind me. I took one step back against the wall.

"Are you sure you want to do this? Just us?" He asked. His gaze was too intense I had to look down.

"Yes. We'll both be enough." I looked up at him. "And you know we can't bring anyone else. Not unless we accept another person finding out about me. "

He nodded, his fingers rising and faintly touching my hair.

"I promise I'll keep you safe." He said lowly.

Even though I knew well I didn't need his protection, hearing him telling me this warmed me and made me want to be protected by someone else for once.

I gave him a small nod. "Well, I vow to the same."

I saw him taking a deep breath in, his hand sliding down from my hair and softly grazing down my waist, before he took his hand away and stepped back.

I let out a breath I had no knowledge of knowing I was holding.

"Our horses are ready whenever you are." He said, giving me his back and packing our supplies.

I cleared my throat. "I am."

He nodded and swung the bags over his shoulder before leaving the room. I followed.

We soon made it outside, and I saw two horses, a black one and a white one, which made me turn to Greyson.

"Really?"

And for the first time ever since I possible met him, he laughed. "What? I wanted to match our wolves."

I smiled at the white horse and lifted my foot to climb on it. After I adjusted myself on its back, I turned to Greyson and saw him already positioned on his horse behind me.

"Lead the way." He said, and with that I started leading my horse through the woods.

We travelled for around 4 hours before Greyson decided that we needed a break. At least until the sunrises, he said. Since we still had at least another 3 hours.

I guided my horse next to where Greyson stopped his and got off. I slowly lifted my leg to  get off mine before I felt a pair of strong hands on both sides of my hips, lifting me and putting me down.

His touch absolutely did wonders to me. Even if it was as simple as this right now, it left me aching badly for more.

I turned around to him once I regained my balance.

"Thanks." I quietly said, releasing a breath. He needed to stop touching me.

"Of course." He said, turning around and tying both horses to a tree.