•Chapter 18•

Amara's POV

It wasn't until many minutes later, and after fighting quiet a few werewolves/fake vampires who caught my presence, I smelled Greyson's scent nearing me. I stopped kneeling behind the rock I hid by and glanced around, trying to detect were his scent came from. The sight of him walking towards me calmed me down, and when he was close enough, I placed my palm up against the direction where the werewolves were, creating an invisible wall behind where Greyson and I stood. I made my way to him too.

"Are you alright?" He was quick to ask, I nodded while scanning his body for any injuries. He looked fine.

"Some of those fake hybrids found me and it was a lot to handle at some point but nothing too impossible. Are you?" I asked. He nodded, holding out a small, delicate looking red box from his pocket.

"I got the ring. Let's go home."

So we made our way back through the mountains, and despite the long trip, it was mostly spent in silence due to how tired both of our bodies were from the hike, our werewolves needing rest too. Which gave me an idea, since we still had a few miles to go.

"Wait, Greyson.." He stopped, turning to me. "I could teleport us back to where the horses are. Or back to your place, which would be easier since I can recall the surroundings there more."

He furrowed his eyebrows, "Are you sure?"

I wasn't..

"Well, I've never teleported someone else with me before. And teleportation takes a lot of magic. Just for one person. It took me nearly 40 years to be able to do it actually. But I can still try." I said, giving him a slight shrug. Teleportation was difficult, and that was why very few witches were capable of it. He looked away momentarily, probably considering it, before shrugging.

"Sure, why not."

I slowly walked closer, as close as I could be to him, and I looked up at his face hesitantly. "I'll need to be close to you. And I need you to kind of, devote your energy to me. Your focus, too."

The way his eyes looked at me, into me, I knew we'd have no trouble with him dividing his body or soul's focus right now. I looked down, gently placing my hands on his, watching him wrap his larger fingers around mine. Even his hands were extremely hot.

I knew could't ignore this mate bond much longer. My animal wanted to mate. These touches needed too much self control and I wasn't sure how Greyson was handling it so well.

But yet, it looked like I was too.

I guided his hands on my waist, before I looked up at him, saw him watching me closely as tiptoed and wrapped both of my arms around his neck, rested my chin on shoulder. I closed my eyes holding onto him and feeling his hands on me, trying to cautiously absorb pieces of his soul within mine and gathering as much magic within me as possible as I mentally casted the spell on both of us.

After feeling a suddenly heavy lightheadedness, I opened my eyes again, finding Greyson right in front of me, and as I looked around. I slowly smiled at myself. We're back in his room.

"I'm a pretty cool witch, Greyson. You have to admit that at some point." I joked. He gave me the smallest smile, one that drove my mind in circles.