•Chapter 20•

Greyson's POV

I looked down at her sleeping, her head resting on my arm, her hand on my chest. And by just looking at her, I could swear this woman was crafted by Gods. Literal Gods.

She looked unreal sometimes. All this beauty she held.

"All mine." I whispered to myself, my hand faintly sliding over her softly defined cheekbone before I let my hand touch the mark on her neck.

I made sure to make the mark as big and vivid as I could. And I was satisfied with her's.

She shifted, snuggling closer to me as her hand slid over my chest, now her arm was draped across me. I could write a book about how nice it felt sleeping next to her. Having her in my arms this way.

I doubted I'd give up to her so easily this fast. Not after the prophecy and what father taught me about my future mate. But here I was, and at the back of my mind I knew I wouldn't have it differently.

I wanted Amara. I needed her.

The Moon Goddess paired us for a reason and I should only be thankful to be paired with such a woman. Rejecting her to protect my kind was only going to haunt me for the rest of my life, and the thought of Amara being on her own again became impossible for me to accept.

I looked at her face.

She belonged to me now. This Angel was mine.

I watched as her eyes slowly started opening, landing on me. A small smile played on her lips.

Wow.

"Hey." She mumbled.

"Good morning." I said quietly, watching her eyes glancing at the window.

"How long have you been up?" She asked, her hand back on my chest, her fingers twirling on my skin.

I'm not ready to welcome any morning boners.

"An hour maybe." I answered, taking her hand in mine to keep her from touching me like this. Instead I placed a kiss on her hand and didn't let go of it. She didn't seem to hate it.

"You should have woken me up too." Her eyes were the most mesmerizing color I never even knew existed.

"You looked peaceful, and I was comfortable." I simply replied, my thumb caressing her soft hand.

She didn't reply, only moved and laid her head on my chest, and I took the opportunity to move my now free arm and wrapping her closer to me.

We stayed like this for Goddess knows how long. I was sure we both felt the intense connection her mark caused. I've naturally always been drawn to her but this morning bas been different. This felt a lot deeper.

A hard knock on the door slightly startled her.

"Who is it." I called, frustration laced in my tone that I didn't bother hiding.

"Lucas, Alpha King. The council members will be entering our territory soon." He answered from behind the door.

"I'm aware. Thank you, Lucas."

"Of course, Alpha."

With that I heard his footsteps retreating. Suddenly the aura around Amara changed, I felt her sadness.

Marking your mate has you sensing their auras, and I can't deny feeling Amara's emotions right now felt new and foreign to me. But regardless, I liked this.

"What's wrong?" I asked her. She looked up at me and shook her head.

"I don't want you to go."