•Chapter 3•

The guest room was really nice. Nicest I've had in a long time.

There were no windows around the room, which I found was pretty odd. But they kept me in here for a reason. I was a 'hostage' after all.

I walked towards the bed and laid on it, closing my eyes and enjoying the extremely soft mattress, almost moaning at how comfortable this was.

You see, I used to be used to that type of luxury. Mansions, long stairs and excessively big bedrooms. Lately it's all been woods and tiny cabins. I'll be lying if I said I didn't use my looks to lure kings and princes into marrying me before. But that was way too many years ago.

Overtime, I got tired of the fake affection I gave. Showing up with different identities every few years in different towns. Having a handsome rich man fall in love with me, marry me for a few years before I escaped to travel to another town with a whole new identity. The cycle just kept going on.

No feelings were genuine. Simply because I couldn't. The werewolf in me had a mate and refused to let me fall for any other man. But I was lonely. God I was so lonely. I couldn't fake a family, and friends were hard to make and didn't last. Men were my best bet.

Until I couldn't do it anymore. I couldn't keep hiding three different powerful beings in me just for company. I learned to live on my own. Free to be who I am, but hidden and kept secret from everyone.

I was dangerous to humans, so I kept my distance from them overtime. Werewolves and vampires were natural enemies. They both despised one another. So to both of them, I was an enemy. A potential traitor that belongs to both sides.

And the fact that my father was an Original vampire did not help. It only increased the hate Werewolves had for me. And everyone knew the Tribrid was part an Original. My mother on the other hand, was one of the very first descendants of the White Witches, who was a part werewolf. Which caused her to be outcasted by both the witch and the werewolf communities, just like me.

My parents were a powerful couple. Such a powerful couple that fought against so many supernatural beings for their love and for me. And they lived happily together until they both died protecting me. Because a child from these two beings was a massive threat. To the point where the werewolf and witch community allied just to attempt kill me before I was born.

From the moment I existed, I was targeted by absolutely everyone who was aware of that existence.

Especially witches.

The witches feared the amount of magic my mother had passed on to me. Being part an Original vampire, part werewolf, part White Witch, I was seen as Lucifer by them.

And no matter how many times I tried to reach out to them, telling everyone that I do not and will not mean any harm, I was never once trusted. They believed my immortality and power couldn't be trusted. Only avoided or fought against. Because each specie believed I might ally with the other, and that meant I would never be fully loyal to them.

And they were right. I wasn't going to be.

I couldn't.

The werewolves wanted to wipe out the vampires, and the vampires wanted to wipe out the witches, and the witches wanted to wipe out both.

So how in the hell was I supposed to belong to any of them? I didn't even want to, really. I only wanted to let everyone know that the tribrid was no threat. And that the stupid stories and theories they make up about me was absolutely ridiculous.

Latest of the stories I heard was from this old woman in a village about me, saying that the tribrid was a woman who looked exactly like the devil and who was cursed by the gods. And that the tribrid was hidden underground all these years reproducing tribrids until she had an army of them, before she came back to wipe out every supernatural being and taking over the human world.