•Chapter 6•

"You train my warriors?" He raised his eyebrows at me. "Why would I let you do that? They already have Warrior Leader."

"I don't want to become no Warrior Leader. I just want to help. I watched how they train. Very powerful wolves but not skilled enough. I believe I can aid with that." I replied.

"Were you a warrior before?"

"No. But I've been fighting battles throughout my entire life. Against all sorts of packs. My wolf and I know what it takes."

He sighed and looked away from me, looking deep in his thoughts.

"You know," he finally spoke again. "There's still a possibility you could be lying to me about all this. I mean, you are a rogue. How do I know you're not doing this to-"

"Damn it, Greyson, I already told you I'm not with anyone!" I snapped at him. "Listen, even if we haven't accepted each other as mates, you know I will never be able to harm you or your pack that way."

I didn't want to bring the mate bond into this, but he had to realize it. I could never harm him or betray him unless I was officially rejected and the bond was broken. Only then the protectiveness we felt for each other would die down.

I tried not to too think too much about the rejection.  I wanted to ignore that possibility for now.

I watched as something flashed in his eyes. Almost guilt. Before he spoke.

"I can't accept you unless I know what you're hiding, Cassandra. Even if I'm so damn drawn to you and it's hard on me not to act upon it, I can't. You told me that for some reason, whatever or whoever you are, has the potential of hurting my pack. Which doesn't make sense but I-" he paused, "I can't risk it."

I looked away from him and nodded. Almost pained. Almost. I still understood his point of view.

"And I respect that." I sighed and stood up. "I want to get started with your wolves today."

He cleared his throat before standing up again. "Sure. We can go let Lexi know."

"Who's that." I asked as we made our way out of the room.

"The girl with the ginger hair you met. She's the Warrior Leader." He answered.

"Oh her. Even better." I said sarcastically and he furrowed his eyebrows before glancing at me behind his shoulder.

"I'm guessing you don't get along?" He commented.

"She injected me with wolfsbane."

"That was under my Beta's orders."

"Like I care." I replied. She annoyed me anyway. Talking about 'can't you just kill her and get this over with' my ass.

Greyson didn't respond.

We walked outside and found Lexi crouching down next to a gray-haired wolf, his paws upwards as she examined them.

"Everything okay?" Greyson asked. She looked up between us before averting her bright blue eyes to Greyson.

"Yes. Jacob's wolf is fully recovered from his previous attack now." She replied, getting up and wiping her hands from the dirt. Her eyes glanced at me.

"What is this filthy rogue here for?" She asked. "I still don't know why no one has killed her off yet." She mumbled.

I raised my eyes at her disrespectful tone in amusement. We love a well mannered lady.

"Watch your tone, Lexi." He told her calmly. "Cassandra will be aiding you in training our wolves these upcoming weeks before the battle."

"No. Why the hell would-"