•Chapter 2•

I woke up in a dark room, only lit by a few candles here and there, hands and feet tied as I laid on the ground. I couldn't help rolling my eyes at this.

Tied by simple chains? Really, Amara? This is how low you've let yourself come to?

"She's up." A man's voice yelled.

"She is?" I asked sarcastically.

"Keep your mouth shut if you want to spare your life for a few more minutes." He snapped at me from behind the door.

I giggled quietly to myself. That was funny.

I wanted to break off the chains and walk out of here. I could. Easily, too. But something held me back. Something told me I needed to keep my werewolf act up. And maybe, just maybe, if I keep it all together, I would be released from the Alpha King's territory without too much trouble.

I can only dream.

The door suddenly opened, revealing a guy who looked no older than 25. He was extremely good looking, with long dark hair tied in a man bun, a strongly defined face and deep captivating brown eyes.

Our eyes locked and he raised an eyebrow at me.

"My, my. What do we have here.." He said tauntingly. "Let's get straight to the point. Tell me, little girl," He crouched down to me. "What you did in the woods. How did you manage to do that?"

Did he just call me little? I held myself back from giggling again. Let's add 855 years to 21 years and do the math.

"What did I do?" I asked innocently. His eyes scanned my face before his face hardened.

"What games are you playing?"

"I'm not playing any games." I said. When he didn't respond, I huffed and spoke again.

"Look, I'm just a rogue that's trying to survive on her own, okay? I'm not up to nothing. I promise."

"What's your name?" He asked. I breathed in, thinking of yet another name.

I swear I was running out of names at this point.

"Cassandra."

"Well, Cassandra, a rogue werewolf would never hold down a royal Beta the way you did to me. And then somehow, just from biting you, I was paralyzed from pain." He said, standing up and circling me now.

"And then, we injected you with wolfsbane to bring you here. Not enough to kill you, but enough to knock you out for at least a day. And you're awake after it's been.." he stood in front of me to check his watch. "2 hours."

"I'm a light sleeper."

Suddenly his hand was on neck, and I was pulled off the ground and pushed against the wall.

"Stop playing with me! What and who are you!"

His expression darkened. And I focused on his thoughts.

He felt threatened by me. He's still thinking about what happened in the woods.

I broke our gaze and looked away.

"I told you the truth. Take it or leave it. That's up to you." I simply said.

"Alpha Greyson wants to see the girl." Someone said with a British accent. The redhead girl that injected appeared in the doorway. Our eyes locked and I gave her a glare.

"Very well." The beta said, not taking his eyes off of me. I glared at both of them and mentally cursed.

The Alpha king was somehow just like an Original vampire. He is the purest and strongest form of a werewolf, though the strong bloodline gets passed through the royal family generations. They are not as immortal as the original vampires. However, they have been extremely dominating. Ever since Alpha Greyson's father before him started ruling, the werewolves became much powerful than before. Being a step ahead of the vampires now. And from what I heard, Alpha King Greyson has been only doing even more justice to the werewolf species.