• Chapter 7•

Third person's POV

Greyson watched as the two wolves pounced on each other, in admiration towards his mate's abilities.

Her wolf was strong. Fast. Not first to attack but undeniably skilled enough to remain unharmed. They have been fighting for a few minutes now and Lexi's larger wolf still couldn't bite or pin down Amara's wolf once

It almost looked like his mate's wolf was taunting her. Trying to frustrate the opposing wolf as much as it can.

It amazed him. Caused his Alpha wolf to fill up with pride as he watched his mate prove to be such a gorgeous yet an extremely strong wolf.

He didn't like how Amara made him feel. In fact, he hated it. He had never felt so valuable in front of a woman in his life. He had never felt so damn protective over someone as dangerously mysterious as this woman. And it drained him, spending this much effort to look calm and collected around her when she was slowly making him lose his mind.

He kept trying to fight those feelings away. To keep his walls up and not let her win, yet all he could think about was marking her.

Marking her in every possible way. He wanted to let every single living being around him know that this goddess of a woman was his mate, and that she belonged to him, and only him.

Her enchanting smell intoxicated him. Her eyes dazed him. Her lips made him lose every single bit of sanity he has. He couldn't stop his thoughts from wandering. Wandering to Amara's perfect frame that he yearned to hold against him. He could only think of so many things he could do to her after marking her. He couldn't stop thinking about how her body screamed for him to dive into her and show her who she belongs to. To gently, or maybe not so gently, claim what was his.

But Greyson's pride was much bigger than that. The responsibility he carried towards all these werewolves was heavy on his shoulders. He wasn't only responsible for his pack, but for every pack around the continent. He had to protect his entire kind. Every Alpha in need came to him for support. He took pride in who he was. So he didn't plan on acting upon those feelings anytime soon. If his mate would be something that threatens his kind's safety, according to her at least, then he was willing to reject her in order to keep his people safe.

Greyson's face hardened, and his lips pressed into a thin line, when he noticed his wolf mate's eyes changing colors as they landed on someone between the woods neighboring them. Someone he couldn't see, but his wolf could smell. It was a vampire.

Someone that made Amara freeze. Turning her light colored purple eyes to an extremely dark shade, that was almost black.

She couldn't believe out of all the vampires that can stumble upon her again, it would be him.

Amara knew she was in trouble. He saw her. His piercing red eyes glared at her purple ones. Of course he recognized her. How could he not?

Before anyone could comprehend what was happened, Lexi's wolf took the chance and slammed against Amara's wolf roughly, throwing her wolf against a tree with a loud thud.

Amara's wolf fell to the ground with a whimper. Already feeling the bruises about to form on her body from such an impact. Everyone watched as Lexi's wolf slowly and tauntingly paced around the white wolf on the ground, yet as fast as it happened, Amara's wolf was back on its's feet, and angrily pounced on Lexi, pinning her once and for all to the ground. Right before Amara's wolf bit Lexi to claim it's dominance, she neared the wolf's big head and growled in its face.

She growled so loudly to the point where some of the shifted wolves watching took a few steps back in surprise.

The Royal Eclipse's werewolves started glancing at each other in surprises.

Their Warrior Leader was held down. Defeated. By a rogue.